Snow

Elene stared at the gloomy, cloudy sky with a faraway look. She smiled, feeling the chilly air. As the snowflakes fall, she closes her eyes as the snow touched Elena's face, only to end up melting in seconds.

"Canada..." she muttered.

Canute put his hand out; A snowflake landed in the middle of his hand, then soon melts.

"Snow." breathed Canute, a content smile on his face; Thorfinn stared off into the distance disinterest in everything; Ragnar snarled, displeased by the speed and worried.

"Askeladd! Can't you go any faster? We're going to be trapped in the snow!" pestered Ragnar.

Elena looked at him. She was sitting next to Canute so she had a good view and stuff. She sighed as Askeladd complained about how much of a pain Ragnar is.

_______________________________________________________

"We're going to cross the northern edge of Mercia and head for the main army in Gainsborough.", Askeladd removed his hand off the map, setting it on his hip, "We'll arrive in one week."

"You mean we'll go through enemy territory?" asked Ragnar, concern. "If we get trapped in the mountains of Wales in the snow, we'll be stuck."

Elena smiled to herself, knowing how Askeladd will react. She turned to her head, seeing Askeladd with a knowing smile and an eyebrow raised as if asking, 'wow, you think that I'm that much of a fool if I didn't know that already?'.

"What's wrong? Don't worry. We're far away from the enemy's main camp." clarified Askeladd. His smirk still there making Elena trying to restrain her self from jumping into his arms and kissing him.

Ragnar's worries were still there.

"But how are we going to get supplies? The lords in the countryside aren't going to help out a Dane!" countered Ragnar.

Elena butted in, as she followed Ragnar and got off the wagon as well. Stepping close to them. She turned her head to look at Ragnar, a smile playing on her lips.

"It'll be fine, sir. I'm sure he already thought of that," she stated, gesturing her hand to Askeladd. She looks through her mask as Ragnar felt goosebumps. "I'm sure he isn't stupid. If he was, then he would be dead by now."

Askeladd's grinned. He found her personality and herself in general rather... appealing. He can't help but admit that she was growing on him. Women like Elena were something he didn't meet a copious amount of times. Possibly women were different in the future or maybe she does differ from other women. She was also honest. Brutally so. If she did not speak the truth, she doesn't say anything.

He patted her shoulder.

"See? She already trusts me," commented Askeladd. Elena in response, shooked her head.

"Sure," remarked Elena, clearly in a sarcastic way, "I trust you completely. My life is in your hands. I trust him so well that I'm sure he won't do anything to me when I sleep. Yes. I trust him."

Askeladd picked up on your tone. He rose his eyebrow up, but then he barked out laughing, patting her shoulder, leaving to get on his horse; Elena went back to hang out with Thorfinn and Canute, pretending to not care but, in reality, wishing she was touched more- not in that way!

Askeladd barked out his order and the men complain and Bjorn defended Askeladd.

But Elena couldn't hear any of it. She just stared off into the distance and thought of Askeladd.

And Bjorn because he's a cuddly bear.

_______________________________________________________

Please don't forget to vote if you enjoyed the story! If not... thanks for reading anyways.

Please vote or comment so I at least know that people actually enjoy this!