"Actually, I already signed the contract." He leans back and I feel my blood boil.

"Then why are we having this dinner?" I grit out.

"Because I knew there was no other way you would agree." He was right but that didn't stop me from getting pissed off.

"Oh, so you lied to me? And then you went behind my back? That sounds hella familiar like it's happened before." I pretend to think for a moment. "Oh yeah, it happened 5 years ago! But then it wasn't a contract but our relationship!" I smack my hands on the table and attract some attention from the people sitting near us.

"Amara please-,"

"You have some nerve coming here and thinking you can do that all over again. But guess fucking what? You're messing with the wrong bitch." I sneer out.

"Can you just hear me out?" He asks desperately and I laugh. I fucking laugh in his face.

"Hear you out? There's nothing to hear. You cheated on me, for 8 fucking months because you couldn't deal with me being a rape victim." My voice was getting louder with every word.

"Just fucking listen!" He yells out and I roll my eyes.

"Fine drama queen. I wanna hear what bullshit comes out of your mouth now." I cross my arms and wait for him to speak.

"You're right. I couldn't deal with knowing another man had used you. Which is fucking disgusting because that shouldn't have changed things between us. And I know it was not your fault in any way but it was little things like you flinching every time I got near you or when I mentioned clubbing. And for some reason, I thought cheating was the best option. I'm sorry. I really am." He sighs out and I look at him with a blank expression on my face.

"Wow. That was a lot worse than I expected. Well I apologise for flinching when you came near or at the thought of clubbing but I don't know if you remember correctly but I was used like a ragged doll in an alleyway by a stranger because I refused to talk to him." I shake my head to dismiss all the thoughts but one nagged its way out of my mouth. "I thought you loved me. Regardless of what happened. But I'm glad I found out then and not later."

"Amara I have changed." I scoff at that sentence.

"Really? Because if I'm not wrong but you lied to me today again. So don't claim that you have changed when I can see you're still the same lying man that I knew 5 years ago." I glare at him. He tries to speak but I cut him off. "I should go." I grab my purse and leave the restaurant.

A sense of relief falls over me and all those emotions I had bottled up for 5 years just spill out today. And I even handled it with dignity to be fair. No one got slapped so that's a plus.

My uber was 15 minutes away and I was not spending another second outside this dumb restaurant. I start walking and a few minutes later I'm on the banks of the Thames.

I hear a bell and a gasp leaves me. The same ice cream shop from 8 years ago was still there. My feet had a mind of their own as the next thing I know is that I'm ordering my favourite ice cream.

The first bite of the mint chocolate chip brought memories from 8 years ago. The love, the fear and the hunger. Once again La Rouge leaves me disappointed.

CodeRedजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें