17

Sirius found his journal left wide open on his trunk, the ink still wet. He hadn't written anything for a while. He thought he pushed it back under the creaky old floorboard next to his bed.

He read the page quickly and his heart stopped. This couldn't be real. This was some kind of joke that James was playing or something. No, that's Remus' handwriting. It was him.

The door behind him opened with the same creaking noise as always. Sirius refused to turn around. He just slammed the journal shut and stuffed it into his trunk, not caring if the ink was smudged. As he shut  his trunk, there was a hand on his shoulder. He froze.

"Sirius."

Remus' voice was shaky and Sirius couldn't look at him. The hand on his shoulder moved to his forearm and pulled him up gently. Sirius turned around, his eyes squeezed shut.

Remus was taller than Sirius, by quite a lot, so Sirius had to look up when he opened his eyes. Remus lifted his chin up so he could see his eyes and whispered something that Sirius barely heard.

"Can I kiss you?" Sirius nodded slightly, his voice gone.

Their lips met slowly. Their eyes were shut and Sirius put his hands on Remus' chest, trying to convince his mind it was real. They pulled away. Sirius didn't open his eyes. He just pulled Remus into a tight hug.

Neither of them heard the door creak open or see James as he came and left. They were lost in their own world.

A/N i've been gone for months and i came back to see so many kind comments on this story and i had to say thank you! i never expected this to receive the love it did and i'm so thankful! i saw some comments asking for an epilogue, so here it is! <3