23-fish and gnomes

Zacznij od początku

"Wow, what is up with that guy?" Antonio muttered, and Brooke felt the corners of her lips twitch.

"I think that's bullying- oh," Brooke cut herself off, her eyes flashing and settling on grey-gold when they landed on the man Antonio was talking about. "Uh, I don't think this is just people playing pretend." She thought aloud, furrowing her brows.

The man seemed to be pretending to be the mailbox he was standing next to. He was on his knees, his hands held up to represent the slot, and Brooke tore her attention away from the man when she heard a faint zap. A bicyclist was next, getting on his hands and knees and pretending to be his bike, and Brooke rose from her seat. The smell of nighlok was stronger now, and her eyes snapped around the area, lips curling around her canines. She knew she should try to keep her wolf features discreet, but at this point, she didn't care. It wasn't the weirdest thing right now.

Well, there goes that sense of normalcy, Brooke thought bitterly, turning her attention to Antonio. "Fuck." She muttered, running over and crouching down next to the gold ranger.

Antonio was lying on the ground, his hands pressed to his sides and his knees slightly bent. Brooke looked around, and she almost laughed. Almost. Of course, the fisherman was a fish, it was ironic. Still, it wasn't good, and that meant that Brooke was the only ranger in the area. She rose from her crouch, honing in on the nighlok's scent and jogging in that direction, taking her samuraizer out of her pocket and flipping it open. She called Jayden, and he picked up on the first ring.

"Everything alright?" Jayden greeted, and Brooke grit her teeth. As the smell of nighlok got stronger, the number of people who were presumably random objects increased.

"Not necessarily," Brooke replied, her voice hard. "There's a nighlok here," On cue, she heard the gap sensor go off, and Jayden presumably running to the meeting room. "It's turning people into objects… or something like that. Goldie's a fish," She explained, spotting the nighlok.

"We'll be right there. Stay safe." Jayden advised, and Brooke smiled weakly as she crouched behind an old couch, staying out of sight.

"Always am," Brooke replied, ending the call. She summoned her Wolf Kunai, sliding the moon disk on the weapon. She felt Amaris' presence in the back of her mind, and it was strangely comforting at times like these. Steeling her nerves, she stepped out from her hiding spot, spinning the moon disk. "Crescent Slash!" She yelled, sending the purple attack hurtling towards the nighlok and causing it to fall on the ground.

The nighlok had a lion's head on its stomach and pointers on its arms. "Ah, silver ranger," The nighlok greeted and Brooke morphed into her suit without saying a word. "Have you come to join the fun?" The monster cackled, and Brooke went into her soldier mentality.

"This isn't my type of fun, so I'm gonna put an end to it." Brooke challenged, drawing her katanas and running forward.

It was actually pretty easy, for the most part. The nighlok sent a pointer hurtling towards her, but the silver ranger just cut through it, swinging at the nighlok. Which it blocked with its weapon, which was a naginata with blades at both ends. Brooke had settled into a routine, blocking the nighlok's attacks and returning with her own. Soon, she saw red out of the corner of her eye, and with a discreet nod to Jayden, she stepped back some.

"Surprise!" Jayden yelled, jumping up and landing a strong downwards strike, the silver and red rangers then regrouping. "We got here as soon as we could. Glad to see you're alright." He remarked, and Brooke smiled underneath her silver helmet.