chapter twenty one

Start from the beginning

As I walk closer, I see Xiaojun sleeping on the couch. His head and arms are on the couch by Jian's feet. His legs are on the ground. He probably gave him the chips and both knocked out. I turn off the tv and grab the bowl of chips then headed off to the kitchen.

Entering the kitchen, I put the bowl in the sink. I get a text message. It's an unknown message.

Text: I know it's late. Can you come out to see me? I have some things I want to say to you and apologize. -Fenfang

•••

I arrive at the destination of where Fenfang wants to meet up. It's a small little park. I see Fenfang sitting at the bench. I sit down with her when I arrive to the bench.

"You're here? I didn't think you were gonna come." Fenfang says.

"Say what you want to say. I don't have much time either." I say.

"I'm sorry for what happened the first time we met. I guess I was too sensitive at the time. Seeing your clothes the bedroom that used to be mines. That made me really mad because I couldn't believe that he moved on from loving me. I-it's, I'm really sorry and I hope that you'll forgive me for it." Fenfang cries which shocks me.

I'm quiet. I don't want to say anything. She sounds hurt.

"I-I don't want to believe that he moved on from loving me. I still love him and always will. I don't want to believe that he doesn't love me anymore. It hurts me. I want to die if he doesn't love me anymore." Fenfang says as she continues to cry.

Why am I feeling guilty? Does Xiaojun still love her as well? I've seen the pictures of them both in his room. His necklace that I still have. I'm sure he still loves her. He wouldn't keep those stuff for a reason... right?

"C-can you help me Jialia? Can you? Can you help bring Xiaojun back to me? I don't think I can continue living on without him. I love him and I know that he stills love me. Help me... please?" Fenfang asks. "I'll do anything. Please help me. Bring him back to me."

I don't know what to say. I don't know what to do. I'm going to feel guilty if I don't help her. Despite what happened between us. I have feelings for Xiaojun as well. But she did come first before Jian and I. Wouldn't it be best for the person who came first to deserve him?

After the talk. I'm walking home alone thinking about what Fenfang said to me. Maybe I should help her get back with Xiaojun. I can take care of Jian myself. I was able to provide for him for 4 years without him. If I can do that for Jian, I'm sure I'll be able to do it for the rest of his live. But do I really want to split up the son and father. He can come visit him from time to time.

Lufeng surprise me when he suddenly runs out of the darkness to standing in front of me.

"Lufeng?! What are you doing here?" I ask then see a cut on the side of his lips.

•••

I walk with him to a near by convenience store to buy him medicine and cotton balls. He's sitting on the bench in front of the shop as I walk out with the purchase. I sit besides him.

"What happened to your face?" I ask as I take out the cotton ball and medicine.

"A fight." Lufeng says.