Chapter 32 ~ Into the unknown

Start from the beginning

"Braviary, use the Brave Bird!" he then exclaimed and Braviary set out to plunge towards the lizard-like Pokemons and at the same time it began to glow bright yellow.

Jangmo-os and Hakamo-os exclaimed in horror and then Braviary pounded between them and caused a big explosion.

Then Braviary flew back to Kukui and Kukui exclaimed, "Yeah! That's right, Braviary! Just keep going!"

And Burnet stared at him with her mouth slightly open and breathing in awe.

Back to the altar:

At the altar, Tapus had stopped their special dance and now they had all started singing a peculiar but beautiful melody.

"What are they singing?" Serena thought, and just as she got her sentence said, the altar under the Tapus began to tremble and shine bright.

"What is happening?" asked Gladion, and then above at each Tapu a bright line of light set out toward the sun pattern.

The streaks merged and ended in a solar pattern. Then the sun pattern began to move and open, eventually revealing a bright, sparkling yellow disk.

It emitted a bright beam towards the pattern on the ground in front of the group, and when the beam hit it, a bright ball of light formed on it.

Nebby hovered over the ball of light and when it touched it, the ball turned into a bright pillar of light. The crowd protected their eyes with their hands, trying to look blinding at the bright light and then, the light evaporated and a large, silvery-white, lion-like Pokemon hovered in front of them.

Everyone breathed in shock and Solgaleo roared. It shone with a still bright light that also showed a hint of orange and red and Lillie breathed, "Nebby... it turned into Solgaleo"

"Unbelievable!" everyone breathed and Ash exclaimed, "Yeah! This is awesome!" Then Solgaleo landed in front of them, slamming and causing a small cloud of dust in the air.

Solgaleo slowly stepped up to Ash and his partners and stopped in front of Ash. "Hey, Solgaleo," Ash said, Pikachu on his shoulder. "You look really great!"

Solgaleo stared at him quietly and then Lillie walked over to it. "May I touch you?" she asked quietly. "That would be really nice"

Solgaleo purred quietly and bowed its head so that Lillie could touch it. Lillie leaned against her forehead at Solgaleo and said quietly, "You're so warm."

Then she pulled away and Ash remembered something. "Oh, I almost forgot!" he said and dug out of his pocket a slightly damaged-looking star candy bag. He dropped a few candies on his palm and stepped in front of Solgaleo.

"Here, Nebby," he said, holding out his hand toward Solgaleo. "Or should I say Solgaleo? You liked these, after all."

Solgaleo looked at the candies quietly and Ash said, a little disappointed, "You don't eat them anymore, I guess?"

But then Solgaleo ate candy from Ash’s palm and then it licked Ash’s face with its big, yellow tongue.

Ash laughed and hugged Solgaleo's big head. He remembered all those fun memories of Nebby and his tricks and then he retreated a little further from Solgaleo, still smiling wide.

"So it is Nebby!" the others exclaimed and ran closer excitedly. Well, all but Gladion, who remained grumpy farther.

"Didn't we have more important things to do?" he asked with his hands in a gust and Ash became serious. "Oh yeah," he muttered, then said, "Solgaleo, we'd like you to take us to the Ultra wormhole."