Chapter 23 ~ Nebby

"Hey Mallow, why does Lillie look so grumpy?" Serena asked in a whisper to her green-haired friend and this one glanced at Lillie as well.

She sat with her back straight in her chair, her hands in her fists on the desk, staring in front of her and her face had a very sour look. Snowy looked at her trainer worriedly and whimpered every now and then, but Lillie ignored her, just stared in front of her.

Mallow grinned. "Her mother went home after a long time and well, the relationship between Lillie and her mother is not very.. good," Mallow explained in a whisper and Serena nodded. "Her mother was the leader of some organization, wasn't she?" she asked and Mallow nodded.

"Aether Foundation. It take care of and cure wounded Pokemon, but there are rumors that something more obscure, some special tests or something will be done there. But they're just rumors, and I guess Lusamine is okay too," Mallow explained, shrugging and Serena think about what she had just heard.

What if they weren't just rumors? What if the Aether Foundation actually did some obscure experiments at its base under the direction of its leader, called Lusamine, or Lillie's mother?

Serena's thoughts were interrupted when Mallow suddenly asked, "Hey Serena, where's Ash? Aren't you always coming the same way to school?" She glanced at Ash's desk next to Serena's desk, which shone empty.

Serena glanced at it, too, and said with a sigh, "That's right, but today, as we walked here, Ash noticed something in the bush next to the path and definitely wanted to go see what it was."

"Of course I was coming along, but Ash definitely asked to go alone and for a while we messed it up that, but in the end, I gave up and let him go alone. And well, there he went and apparently hasn't come back yet."

Serena frowned. Why had Ash wanted to go alone? Which was supposed to be so secret that she couldn't come along. Heck, when Ash came back, she would examine the proper explanations for this.

That's when Professor Kukui came to class and said, "Alola, class!" "Alola, Professor Kukui!" the class exclaimed out loud and the professor's gaze circled along with the class. Suddenly it stopped at Ash's empty desk and he asked in amazement, "Ash is missing, does anyone know.."

The professor's question was interrupted when suddenly a familiar voice was heard from the classroom door. "Sorry I'm late!" shouted Ash, rushing inside the class carrying his backpack, Pikachu running beside him and slipping on his own desk.

Professor Kukui and Serena stared at him dazedly. "Ash, late again. Why?" asked Professor Kukui calmly but still resolutely, while Serena was tenser.

"Ash Ketchum! What was so important there in the woods that I couldn't come with you? If you meet other girls, then just wait, it will end!" said Serena with her hands on her hips and moved to Ash's desk.

Ash shook his hands in distress and said, "No, no, it's nothing like that!" he explained quickly and decided in his mind that Serena should not be angered.

"Well, what was the reason then?" Serena asked sharply and Ash grinned. He opened his backpack and picked up something. The class moved to Ash's desk so they could see better.

What Ash dug out of his backpack was a Pokemon no one had seen before. And to everyone's surprise, it hovered in the air. It had a purple-blue, spherical, and gaseous body, and had two, light-blue, gaseous antenna-like protrusions emanating from its body.

"Ash, it might be better if you could explain to us how you found this... creature," said Professor Kukui, and Ash nodded with a grin.

****
Let's go back a moment in time: