Chapter 24 ~ It's time to do some research

"Ultra Beast!?"

Ash looked confused. He had never heard of such things. Were they some sort of more powerful Pokemon?

He glanced at Serena and Lillie and noticed that they looked as confused as he had.

They had entered the basement of Professor Kukui's house, where he had a small study corner. Professor Burnet had sat down at the computer and seemed to be looking for something at that.

"Right," Burnet said, tapping something on the computer he was using. "Maybe this will clarify things. Look."

They turned to watch as Burnet displayed a picture of Alola's Islands Guardian Pokemons on a large screen on the wall. "That's Tapu Koko!" Ash exclaimed, recognizing the Guardian of Melemele Island.

"A long time ago, strange creatures from another world appeared to challenge the Guardians of the Alola Islands in a fierce and terrible battle," Burnet began to tell and the image on the screen moved forward, also telling the story. "Have you heard that legend?"

"I have read it about one book," said Lillie Snowy in her arms. "And if I remember correctly, those weird creatures were called Ultra Beasts."

"Correct," said Professor Burnet, turning to the others. "They really were"

"So do you really think Nebby is one of these Ultra Beasts?" asked Ash in amazement, and Serena, watching Nebby sleeping in Ash's lap, couldn't help but think that Nebby was a creature that could challenge powerful Guardian Pokemon in a "terrible and fierce battle."

"Yes, it seems likely," said Burnet and the Faba standing next to her said, "All the physical elements that have a close connection to another world, as these Ultra Beast themselves have," and then he improved his glasses before continuing:

"So they produce something reminiscent of a kind of aura that our labs are constantly measuring," and then he tilted his head dramatically and said, "Wicke, please."

"Right," Wicke said, tapping something on the computer.

On the screen on the wall appeared a picture of a rocky place with something in the middle that looked like an ancient temple square.

"Last night we registered a huge spike in the aura force near the Sunne altar on Poni Island," Wicke explained and showed more detailed pictures of this altar.

"And just a moment ago.." Faba began, but Ash interrupted him, exclaiming, "That's it!"

Everyone looked at him in amazement. "Ash, what do you mean?" asked Serena and Ash said, "Now I remember it. I was there in my dream. Besides, there were two cool looking Pokemon that appeared from the sky. Solgaleo and Lunala. After that, Nebby appeared from the bright light."

"Solgaleo?" said Professor Kukui in wonder and Professor Burnet said, "Lunala?"

"Lusamine? Do you know anything?" asked Wicke her boss and this one said, "We only know those names told by legends" Then she turned to Ash and continued, "And now they both appeared to Ash"

"It was a dream, a mere imagination," Faba said, snorting, but no one listened to him.

"Listen Ash. Would you let the Aether Foundation take care of Nebby?" Lusamine asked and Ash looked at her in amazement.

"The Aether Foundation has an entire facility where Pokemon get love and are treated with respect," Wicke explained, and continued with a smile, "Don't be worried, it's in good hands."

Ash didn't look convinced. "Yeah, but...," he said, looking at Nebby, who was in sleep in his arms. "But what?" Lusamine asked.

"But I promised them. Solgaleo and Lunala. I promised to take care of and protect Nebby, so I feel like I have to take care of it myself," Ash explained, looking at Nebby, who suddenly woke up.