Chapter 32 ~ Into the unknown

Start from the beginning

"This is Nebby. It doesn't move anymore, it doesn't noise and it doesn't really do anything else," Ash said quietly and Guardian Pokemon listened to him quietly.

As he said it, Nebby hovered from his palms up into the sky and Tapu Fini and Tapu Lele started spinning around it as if doing some kind of dance. Tapu Koko and Tapu Bulu looked at them with a smile from below.

"Oh c'moon! Could you focus, I have to save my mother and there is no time to waste!" Gladion exclaimed angrily and Tapu Koko flew in front of him and said angrily, "Koko!" Gladion swallowed and Lillie came to her big brother, putting her hand on his shoulder soothingly.

"Gladion, we have just wait now," she said. "Now we just have to trust the island Guardians"

"Fine," Gladion growled, his gaze turned to the ground.

                           ****
Time passed and Tapu Lele and Tapu Fini continued dancing. Ash and his partners watched it in amazement from the ground and admired the sparkle brought about by the two Guardians.

Suddenly Professor Kukui's phone rang and he answered it. "Kukui here. What? I see, go somewhere safe and stay there. I'll go there."

Having said that, Kukui turned and went for a walk away from the altar. "Professor, where are you going?" Ash asked and the professor replied, "Burnet called. She's coming here, so I'm going to make sure everything goes well. I'll be back soon!"

"Okay!" Ash said cheerfully and turned back to the dance of Tapu Lele and Tapu Fini. Kukui instead took one Pokeball from his pocket and said seriously, "I'm counting on you, partner"

                               ****
It took a little more time again and Ash, Serena and the Alola gang sat down on the steps of the altar waiting for the Guardians to be ready for whatever they ever did.

"I was just wondering, what are they really doing?" Serena thought as she watched the Guardians hovering around Nebby and the sparkle that followed from their dance. She leaned against Ash's shoulder and Ash stroked her hair distracted.

“I don’t know, but something important it certainly is,” Lillie said and looked at her big brother, who sat on the stairs a little further away from them and leaned his elbows on his knees. What does Gladion think when he looks so overwhelmed with his thoughts? Lillie thought and sighed slightly.

Meanwhile nearby cave:

Munchlax was sweating. It did not like the opening vision, not at all, and Professor Burnet, standing behind it, also had to admit that the vision was not the most inviting of all.

The same herd of Jangmo-os and Hakamo-os that had harassed Lillie and Gladion were now hissing at Burnet and her Munchlax. “Munchlax, we seem to agree that this doesn’t look very good,” Burnet said quietly to her Pokemon, and Munchlax nodded and swallowed.

Lizard-like Pokemons approached the duo when they suddenly heard, "Burnet!" and Burnet gasped and saw Professor Kukui standing at the exit, his coat fluttering.

Jangmo-os and Hakamo-os turned growling in his direction and Kukui threw his Pokeball into the air, causing Braviary to appear in front of him.

It flew Kukui to Burnet and Kukui landed in front of Burnet. "Are you okay?" he asked Burnet, standing defensively in front of her and for a moment Burnet could do nothing but stare at him with her mouth open.

"Yeah," she then said, and Jangmo-os and Hakamo-os roared menacingly again. "Good," Professor Kukui said, smirking and improving his glasses so that they flashed.