Buttons on a coat, Lighthearted joke

Eds POV----------------------------------

After the Grammys ended, I went and fetched both Mine and Taylors coats from the entrance, before returning and waiting for Taylor to say goodbye to her friends. I gave a few waves to some of my friends, who i knew were expecting me to go to the after party, so didn't come over and talk. Truth be told; i didn't want to go. Grabbing a late night coffee with Taylor, or watching movies till midnight seemed like much better ideas. Why would i want to go to a party full of people who talk to much fake nonsense?!

Taylor eventually came over, so i passed took her arm, before leading her back out towards the exit. I passed her her coat and put mine on, before calling stu and asking him to arrange to bring the car round. I turned back towards Taylor who was still buttoning her coat. I had never seen so many buttons on a coat before! i giggled as i watched her fumble for the last few, her fingers tired from playing the piano, and already doing the other 50 buttons. Okay maybe not that many! She looked up and giggled back.

"My stylist bought it for me. If i had known it had so many buttons i would have bought a poncho with me instead!" Taylor said laughing. I smiled knowing full well she would have happily worn a knitted yellow poncho over her dress whilst getting out of here! Not sure her publicist would be though!

We walked out towards the car together silently, glad that the venue had made sure no paparazzi could get round to the exit. I would hate it if Taylor ended up being accused of dating me, when we are obviously just friends.  I opened the door for Taylor, before slipping into the other side of the car.

"Where to Miss Taylor? We could go to the after party or get a coffee?" I asked.

She was silent for a second before responding "I wish we could run away into the wilderness."

"Taylor, we are in new york; there are no wilderness areas for miles!" i joked

She laughed slightly. "I know what you mean Taylor, and i wish we could too. I wish we could escape away from all these people who tell lies, and start rumours. But we cant. We both chose this lifestyle, and although it has its downsides, It most definitely has its upsides. Playing on stage to millions, providing people with meaningful music which they love, saving peoples lives, having the power to change things, getting awards, and having loyal fans. Being able to perform next to you for every night of the red  tour was probably the best thing this job has ever given to me. It made it seem not like a job, as i loved every minute of it. So although i wish we could run away; i wouldn't want to leave those things behind."

Taylor smiled at me. "Thats why i'm friends with you. You always make me feel better when I'm down. And i agree completely with what you just said. I would never want to leave my swifties behind." Then she started laughing.

"Why are you laughing?" I asked

"Because, i only said that as a lighthearted joke. I watched the hunger games yesterday, and you know when Katniss says "Why can't we just run away", well i was thinking of that! But at the same time, it also was completely serious! It described my feelings perfectly!" She said still laughing.

I laughed along with her, before asking the driver to go to the after party. Taylor caught my eye, and nodded. We had to turn up, at least for an hour or so to maintain an image and show our faces. Part of the Jobs requirements i guess.

"An hour" Taylor whispered. "Then we go to mine and watch movies!"

"Sounds Perfect! An hour is long enough for any party!" i replied.

"Most definetly." Taylor said.

After a few minutes of silence, i nudged taylor, breaking her gaze from watching the city go past by her window. "Stay with me?" i whispered. There is nothing worse than going to a party and knowing no one.

"Of course" She replied. "I've got a game" she said a few minutes later. "Lets pretend this is the wilderness, and we will only survive if we stick together and avoid talking to people!"

"Ok" I replied smiling. Only Taylor could make an experience like this into a game!

We pulled up at the entrance and i hopped out, opening the door for Taylor. She stepped out, and together we walked

 --------------

only a short one im sorry! will be longer next time i promise. Need some sweeran selfies to get things going!!!