One look, dark room, Meant just for you

I sighed. It was the 2014 Grammys, and although i am nominated for Best Album, Best country Album, Best counrtry song i wish i was somewhere else. The whole thing was fake. The interviewers were so interfering and nosy, and as much as I try to be patient and answer with a smile, there are only so many times you can brush off rumours about you being pregnant, or dating some celebrity you've never heard of, and claim you aren't interested in anyone at the moment; all whilst smiling, and looking interested, when you would rather scream in frustration.

And then there is the Red Carpet, where every single man and women with a camera stands hoping to get a snap of whatever designer clothing you are wearing. Tonight i was wearing a lovely silvery gold dress, but god knows who designed it. My publicist deals with all of that; i just pick out of a selection she gives me, but this was the first time she had picked a dress which i adored. I grabbed a  glass of champagne, before walking over to my seat, smiling and exchanging pleasantry's with acquaintances. I sat down and sighed again.

Lastly there are the other celebrities. Ones who don't realize what they have, and who take fame for granted. Ones who complain about their fans, and try to avoid meeting them. Ones who steal dancers from other artist tours. Ones who speak lies, or simply talk to much, and yet everyone soaks up every word they say. Ones who cheat, on you, or on your best friend, and act like nothing has happened. Ones who you are forced to get along with.

I glanced around; i knew nobody. Karlie, one of my besties, was in New York. Selena was here somewhere with her on off boyfriend Justin, despite my warnings. I could see Ellie was flirting with a member of Mcfly, and Harry was with the boys who, despite me breaking it off with Harry nicely and remaining friends with him, hated me for messing Harry around.  I ended up noticing ella (lorde) looking intimadated, so i went to save her, but ended up being dragged into a 10 minute long conversation with a man who wanted me to perform a private show for his 50th birthday. He glanced over at Ella at the end of the conversation, and said "Is this your manager?" Eager to escape i answered Yes, without letting a beat pass. He passed Ella a card, who was struggerling to keep a straight face, before going to pester anotther celebrity. I looked at Ella, and we burst into giggles. We chatted for a while but she had to get ready for her performance so i made my way back to my seat. I glanced around more looking for someone in particular before i heard a British accent calling my name.

" TAYLA!"

i glanced round, and by the bar i could see him, looking ever so handsome in his suit and tie. His ginger hair was ruffled like normal, and it was odd to see him out of his baggy jeans and t-shirts. My whole face lit up as he smiled at me. The room was so loud and dark, i could barely see him, but as our eyes met, it was like he was illuminated in a spotlight, and all of the noise disappeared. It was like we were the only ones in the room.

A tap on my shoulder brought me back to the world, and i broke eye contact to see my childhood friend Brittany standing there.

"Tay!" she said excitedly!

"Hey Brittany!" i replied, smiling, as i stood up to give her a hug. We caught each other up on our lives, and i told her my plans to move to New York.

"Tay that's awesome! I don't live to far from New York, so we wouldn't have to wait for times like this to meet up!" she said

"I know! I feel like i will be able to be myself there, and embrace pop. Staying in Nashville is awesome, and it is such a lovely friendly place, but its so country, and it makes me want to change my mind on this full pop album"

"Don't change your mind, do what you want to. Your country fans will stay with you, as you may be pop, but we both know you write like a country artist!"

"hopefully! They have got me so far, and i hope they continue with me." i said nostalgically.

"trust me, they will!" she replied, before turning to greet my Family.  I glanced back round at the bar, but Ed had disappeared.

-------------------------

Ed's Point of view.

I was sat at the bar. I knew nobody here, and they were all way above my level. For some reason i was nominated for Best New Artist though, so i had to be here. I downed the rest of my drink, before turning round and looking around the arena room. It wasn't long before i saw her.

She looked so wonderful in that dress, and i loved her hair like that; The way it falls on the side of her neck, down her shoulders and back. My best friend Taylor.

"Taylor" I shouted. I hadn't seen her for weeks; since her last Red Tour show actually, which was well over a month, and to say i missed her was an understatement!

She turned around, looking for a while before she saw me, and my grin grew larger and larger. She looked beautiful in this light. our eyes met, and as i saw her take a breath, the voices around me faded out. Her eyes, even from this distance, were a piercing blue, like the tenerife sea. She had a odd look in her eyes, like her smile was meant just for me. I saw Brittany come up along side her, breaking our eye contact. She turned away, and i slipped off the bar stool, and headed into the crowd to find my seat.

as i got closer, she turned back towards the bar, and i saw her grin drop when she saw i was gone. Suddenly the lights dropped even lower and the music started so she turned back around and i slipped into my seat on the row behind her.

I lent forward and whispered into her ear "Evening Bestie, you look lovely as ever"

She continued to look forward, but i could see she was blushing and trying to hide it. I knew her too well.

This night had suddenly got so much better now i had found my best friend.

hope you liked it!! xx

(hoped you liked the sneaky tenerife sea lyrics!!!) (because we all know that it is about sweeran!)