📎Cold Birthday

A U T H O R

A week and two days. That's how long Taehyung gave Jennie the cold shoulder. Worse part, it still hasn't stopped.

Her phone alarm woke her up. She sat down and looked at the memo. "Happy Birthday to me." She sadly said and went downstairs.

The others were already preparing to go to work. Seokjin and Namjoon at the kitchen, Hoseok and Jimin arranging the table, Jungkook tying his shoes, Yoongi who is probably in his room and Taehyung who's sitting on the couch, scrolling on his phone.

"I guess he also forgot about that." She didn't bother talking to him because whenever she does, he would at least reply with a hum or if she gets unlucky, he would literally ignore her.

"Good morning Jennie-ssi. Here's your breakfast made by the world wide handsome himself. Hope you like it." Jennie gave him a little smile and brought her plate to the dining table. At least the others don't ignore me. She thought.

"Why do you look so sad? Is something wrong?" Jimin asked and sat beside her. "Ahh.. Did you have a nightmare?"

"Ani. I'm just..tired." She simply said and started eating.

"I don't believe you." He said before pulling her chair closer to him. "You can open up to me, you know? Whatever that is, you can tell me." She suddenly widened her eyes when he put his arm around her shoulder. "Tell me."

"A-ah.. Right. A nightmare. I've been having the same nightmare where the person I care for doesn't give a shit about me at all. That's it. I've been having that nightmare for almost two weeks." He chuckled and brushed her hair. "Why? What's so funny about that?"

"Are you sure it's just a nightmare? I noticed that you and Taehyung aren't talking for a week. Is that why you feel so blue?" Exactly.

"No. Why would that be a nightmare? I don't care if he doesn't talk to me. I already said my sorries. It's no longer my fault if he doesn't want to forgive me." She angrily ate a whole piece of meat and glared at Taehyung.

"Well.. Nightmares do go away so don't worry. I know the nightmare you're talking about would eventually stop. Trust me."

She sighed and faced him. "Thanks Jimin." He smiled at her and pinched her cheek.

"Now hurry. You'll be late for your shoot." She nodded and continued eating her breakfast.

After several minutes, two white vans came and they all hopped in to go to the agency. Jennie sat at the farthest back since she doesn't feel like talking to anyone.

But her heart suddenly raced when Taehyung got inside the same van and sat next to her. Speechless, she scooted closer to the window and looked outside. As if he's willing to talk to me.

After minutes of waiting, she slowly turned her head to where he was sitting. Taehyung was wearing his headphones with his eyes closed. She sat straight and looked at him. Stop this, Tae. I beg you. She thought.

The van stopped indicating that they already arrived. Jennie quickly looked away and prepared herself to leave. She waited until everyone in front of her already went off until it's down to the person beside her.

It seems like Taehyung was also waiting for her to go down because it's written on his face that he doesn't have any intentions to go before her. Jennie probably sensed this and decided to stand but when she did, Taehyung also stood up. They both stopped and looked at each other's feet.

"Are the both of you getting off or what?" Yoongi said, cocking his head to the door.

"You go first." Taehyung said without looking at her. Jennie nodded and continued walking until both of them got off.

"Tsk. Wow." Hoseok said and shook his head. "You two need some serious talking."

--

"Lisa's on leave? Did something happen to her?" Jennie asked her temporary manager, Lia. "Is she alright?"

"She only told me that she had an emergency. But I think she's gonna be fine tomorrow." Even Lisa's not around.

"Okay. Let's go?" They went inside Jennie's personal van and headed to the set. She indeed felt more gloomy but she had to set her problems aside to act for her role.

It was already six in the evening and Jennie decided to ditch the van and walk to her past school's rooftop.

"How nice." She took one of the stools and sat down. "Happy twenty-third birthday to me. I should call Jisoo." She took out her phone and dialed Jisoo's number. "Unnie!"

'Jendeuk! I'm really sorry. It's rush hour right now so I couldn't talk to you at the moment. I'll call you later.' Then she ended the call.

"She also forgot." She lowered her head and listened to the sound of cars honking and the cold breeze the air brought her. "Wait. Beomie." She was about to call him but her phone suddenly died the moment she opened it. "Fuck it!"

She covered her face with both her hands and cried. "How come they all forgot about it? Did they assume it was tomorrow? Or they really just don't want to celebrate it with me? Even that jerk didn't even smile at me! What am I supposed to do?! What am I supposed to do? This is the worst.." She cried out and hugged herself. "What did I do so wrong?"

Several minutes went by but she still felt suffocated about what's happening. A cold birthday. She suddenly heard footsteps and turned around to see who it was.

Jennie wanted to run to him and hug him tight but she knew she can't. She faced the road again and wiped her tears.

"What are you doing here?" He asked but she kept herself silent and ignored him. "I'll take you home. The others are worried about you. Let's go."

--
Author's Note:

An update!! I'll update everyday like before if I can guys so trust me😊 And yes, this is THAT one chapter that I accidentally posted😅💚