4. A night to remember

Billie's POV
Waking up, I notice Finneas is gone again but this time Aldon is sitting at the kitchen tabel working in his summer math book with Gavin and Claudia is gone too.

"Finneas and Claudia are out for a morning walk and Sam's already headed out to the bar." Gavin informs me as he notices I was looking around.

"Cool." I nod. I take my notebook and go through some songs to decide what the playlist of tonight will be while Gavin finishes helping Aldon with summer school work.

"Daddy, can I go skating now?" Aldon whines and doesn't stop before Gavin says it's fine.

Once Aldon is out too, Gavin helps me with tonight's playlist.

We play a lot of songs that we wrote together too. We decided to do more original songs tonight and less covers.

In the middle of that, Finneas and Claudia came back.

"Alright guys I'ma be headed out too now." Claudia announces.

With that Finneas joins us. "You could play 'bury a friend' Finneas suggests. "Have you played that in the bar yet?" He asks.

"Bury a friend?" Gavin frowns.

"Yeah, no I'm not playing that. Too many memories." I shake my head. "Okay well, I think they'll like it though." Finneas insists. "No, not today. The wound is still too open." I shake my head.

Like that, the day went on with us finishing the playlist and spending the rest of the day doing chores on our boat.

That's a thing about living here, everyone who permanently lives here owns a boat. It doesn't matter if it's a bigger or smaller boat, but everyone owns one.

Gavin's boat is one of the bigger boats in the harbor. It has two rooms with each two beds. When it was springbreak for Aldon, Gavin, Aldon and I went on a boat trip vacation on which we went from near by harbors to harbors in Italy, France and Spain. That was a great time in my life.

----------

So after all that we did our usual night routine, have dinner, go to the bar, order a cola for me and a water for Aldon, drop Aldon behind the bar by his legos and start our little show.

After that Gavin took Aldon home and I waited in the bar for it to close so I can hang out with Sam. I'm a little nervous, we hung out alone plenty of times but it's been a while since it's just been the two of us, so we'll see how that go.

"What can I get my beauty?" Sam asks me as she just returns from giving another tabel their order. "A beer is good." I answer. She nods and dissapears behind the bar again to get my drink.

In order to kill some time I decide to take my phone and scroll a little through Instagram. Nothing much to see. I mostly follow artists and of course also the best producer in the world, Finneas O'Connell. He's been growing a lot on Instagram and he's been producing songs of celeberties. I'm proud of him.

I made me another Instagram account when I started living here, the only ones that have find me on there so far are Seth, Liz and Calvin. They started following me on there recently so I followed them back.

But now that I opened my Instagram I noticed I have a new following request. As I go to the account that wants to follow me I see it's not private so I scroll through the pics, I see girls, but in each post they're different girls and the more I scroll to the more recent photos they're more photos of just one person, who I assume is the owner of the account. You can't tell who that person is. I can't even tell if it's a boy or a girl.

I go to the most recent pic. The caption says 'The real bad monsters never look like monsters'. The picture is the person standing up straight with some kind of hard flash light shining on them, since the rest around them is dark. And the person keeping their head bend to the ground and a cap almost covering all of their face so that their identity stays hidden.

Since I think it looks like quite a cool profile I decided to accept the following request and follow them back.

----------

After scrolling so much through Instagram that I get the notification I've seen all the posts of the last week, I hear Sam let out the last people and close up her bar.

"So, now I have time for you. I planned something for us." She smiles.

She leads me outside to her motorcycle and gives me her second helmet before putting on hers.

We both jump on and she starts a rather long drive to god knows where.

Then I notce it's to a harbor just outside of town and that makes me remember that she once told me her boat isn't laid in our town.

So that makes me think we're going to her boat.

and indeed.

"So, I wanted to make this a special night, that's why I prepared a song to sing for you since I remember you wanted to hear me sing since the very first day you saw my guitar in my room. But before I'm gonna start singing for you, I wanna lit up those candles." She explains once she had parked her motorcycle and we had entered her boat.

After lighting up the candles, she sits down infront of me. The candle light and the light from the moon hits her body in every perfect way.

It's a peaceful night, the wind is calm and so is the water, causing the boat to just float around peacefully.

"This song is written by Dermot Kennedy, you probably know it. It's called 'Power over me' and I thought it was the song that fit me and my feelings for you the best." She says before she starts singing.

----------

After singing the song we look at each other for what feels like minutes but actually is only seconds.

"So what you think?" Sam asks, breaking the silence. "What do you mean?" I frown. "Just like, how do you feel about this whole thing, the date... me?" She asks.

"I like you." I answer. "And with that is everything said?" Now it's her time to frown. "No, but I can't act on my feelings if my heart is still held by someone else." I answer.

"Oh okay, so you are still waiting for someone you were in a gang with and had to fight with guns and who you gave your everything twice and who you saved her life when she didn't even hesitate to stay with you for one second. Even when you can have someone like me who's been here through everything. For god sake Billie, I'm paying you to do what you love doing, I helped you feeling better, I take care of Aldon when you have to work." She says.

"Yeah but-"

"I don't need your buts anymore Billie. Either you choose me and you give me all of you or you choose that Jules girl and wait for her when you're not even sure that she's gonna come." She says.

"You're right, fuck Jules." I nod. "She's kept me away from too many good things for too long."