𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲-𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐞

Start from the beginning

And that possibility made him feel wracked with guilt.

It would be his fault alone if anything happened to them. Because he conveniently forgot to tell them that Y/N didn't want their help in the first place.

He repeatedly tried to ease his worries by trying to justify his reasons. He kept trying to tell himself that neglecting to tell the gang the entire truth, was going to help save Y/N and Hopper.

Knowing Y/N as well as he knew her, Mike knew she wouldn't be happy with him when she finds out that he went against her instructions.

He just hoped that his goodwill was enough to make up for that.

Billy smirked with spite when he saw Steve's annoyed face, chuckling to himself softly as to prevent shaking Max's head that was laying on his leather jacketed shoulder.

Steve turned to scowl at Billy, "What the hell are you laughing at, asshat?"

Billy shook his head, waving Steve off as he knew that Mike would bite Steve's head off the moment he opened his mouth. "You just got your ass chewed by a sixteen year old." Billy snickered, ignoring Steve's glare.

Suddenly, the gate seemed to flash, earning everyone's attention while the gate bummed louder, prompting everyone to stand up to their feet to prepare for anything.

It almost seemed like there was something bright flashing on the other side of the gate.

"El, what is that?" Dustin squinted his eyes questioningly, everyone looking at Eleven.

El shrugged, shaking her head to say that she didn't know.

It was then that everyone squinted their eyes at the glow got brighter before three people were sent flying through the gate—their yells echoing between each other.

Their yells all stopped as they fell to the ground with a few thuds, groans of discomfort soon followed.

What followed next for Billy and Will, was eerily familiar. Immediately after the three people entered through the gate, they both received familiar chills sent down their spine ; the chills that they used to get whenever anything from the upside down was near them.

They didn't understand why.

As for Mike and everyone else, their eyes widened with a mixture of surprise and shock.

"Holy shit!" Lucas cursed, his shout communicated the entire groups' reaction as a whole.

The group scrambled to go and assist the three people who just landed on roughly on their backs.
Everyone crowded them as they stared down with wide eyes as they finally realized who sat below them.

Mike identified that Joyce and Murray were laid beside each other—their hazmat suits torn and shredded in some parts of Joyce's—, trying to catch their breath after having just been thrown through a portal by some powerful unknown force.

Jonathan and Will kneeled down to check on Joyce and Murray ; they were obviously worried sick about their mother's safety. They helped her sit up, embracing each other in hugs seeing that she made it, and she was okay.