𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐬𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧

-

C H A P T E R   S E V E N T E E N 

" THE SURPRISE VISIT "

・ 。゚ ⋆✩⋆  ・ 。゚

| D E C E M B E R  25th , 1986 |

H a w k i n s , I n d i a n a

"Y/N.." MIKE BREATHED OUT.

It couldn't possibly be happening. There was no way that Y/N was standing right there, only a few feet away from Mike.

She stood with a confident stance, her breathing nervous as she stared at Mike. He hadn't changed much physically but he seemed to do a lot of changing in his mind.

She could do that, she could sense his mind's waves of thought with her telepathy, and she could sense a change of emotion.

She didn't want to read his thoughts, she could just sense his mind's aura just by looking at him, and she could sense the rise in heart rate.

Why?

"Wait, are you alright?" Y/N finally asked, startling Mike out of his hypnotic trance inside her eyes.

"You seem really shaken." She added, tilting her head curiously as Mike could only stare, a blush scattered his cheeks as she took a step closer. "Your cheeks are red too, are you sick?"

There was this aura that radiated strongly from him. It was a certain emotion that was very potent in his mind, and it was directed towards Y/N.

But she couldn't tell what emotion it was exactly, she just knew that he felt very strongly with it for Y/N herself.

Mike couldn't believe it. Even after all this time apart, after all that he put her through since the night at Starcourt, the first thing she does is check on him.

She still cared about him.

She may have still been upset with Mike, but it was like old habits.

She cared for him, and she will continue to. She doesn't think that'll ever go away.

"I-I'm okay." He stuttered, carefully standing up from the bed as his hands found their way to fiddle with each other.

There was a short silence, neither teenagers knew what to say. Y/N missed Mike dearly, she realized very quickly.

Seeing Mike after so long was insane, and she couldn't believe he was standing right there.
There was so many things she wanted to say to him, and so many things she'd rather not.

Y/N knew she didn't have much time, so she began to work up the courage again to speak before Mike spoke at the same time.

"Y/N," He breathed, his eyes wandering up to meet hers. "How are you even here?"

His urgency and excitement in his voice shone in his voice as his tone got higher. He couldn't believe she was standing there.