sugawara/ a typical love story

⚠️angst and fluff ⚠️
word count: 588
this is cheesy i'm sorry- but it's cute trust

love was something that was hard for me, opening up came with consequences. every time i fell in love my heart got broken. each break chipped away at me. i felt worthless. i felt unlovable. my heart was broke to many times and i'm not sure if anything could ever fix it. until i met him.

rain poured as i ran to the bus stop, my hair in a huge tangle and my make up smeared. as i got to the bus i saw it taking off without me. "wait!" i yelled, but it was to late. i needed to catch this , it was for a job interview.

lighting struck and the rain was coming down heavy. i started to cry not knowing what was rain or tears. i needed to move or i would catch a cold. i walked over to the bench and sat down.

i flipped open my old phone but had no cell reception. "damn it..." i muttered. i put my hands in my pockets and pondered of a plan. suddenly the rain stopped for a second.

i looked up and a grey haired boy was standing in front of me with an umbrella. "hey you look like you need this more than me" he said softly grinning. he sat down handing me the umbrella, moving closer so he was out of the rain as well. "i'm so sorry to bother you.." i stammered. "don't worry, i wanted to help a pretty girl" he giggled.

he was quite cute i couldn't lie, but i still needed to get to my interview. "i'm sugawara" he said snapping me out of my thoughts. " ah- sorry i'm y/n. i'm a bit in my head right now." i admitted. " that's okay, penny for your thoughts?" he said. "pft- well i needed to get to an interview but now i can't. i missed the bus" i replied. "what job?" he asked. "writing, it was a small company" i said looking at him. "journalism for acquiring newbies?" he asked all most laughing at me. " yeah! how did you know." i replied blushing. " my friend Dachi runs that!" he said grinning. "i'll call him and tell him what happened for you." Suga said grabbing his phone. "thanks so much!!" you said happily.

he smiled at you softly looking at your lips. as you looked back at him he looked away quickly dialling the phone number.

after a short phone call you where set. i had never felt more relived. "can i walk you home?" Suga asked looking at the ground. "yes yes please" i replied laughing. "you are so beautiful y/n" he said turning to you. "i know we don't know each other...at all but i really like you." he said. i smiled at him, "well i'll give you a chance Sugawara...but please don't break my heart." i said half kidding. but oh that other half. you could bear another heart break. "i would never." he replied pulling you a  bit closer. the rain poured down on his umbrella and Suga pulled me in and kissed me. his lips where soft and he smelt like rain and warmth. he was so gentle and it felt like something that would be out of a movie.

he walked me home and we said our goodbyes. i never got his number, but he reminded me what love felt like. and i'm so thankful for that.