Yönuh!ah Language.

Before I go into what this language is about and it's origin, I'll let it be known that it is purely fictional, a figment of my imagination, albeit with some background in the Yorùbá language (which is my indigenous language) and Southern Sesotho.

Secondly, it's still under major construction, even after years of forming and creating it's own linguistic uniqueness. (Yes, yes, the language is not recent 😂👀). That's one of the reasons why I'm posting it so late because I'm really self-conscious about it.

This language is spoken primarily by the Sky Lordians and the creatures of old, ancestors of the modern werewolves, humans, fearies and other beings mentioned in this story

This language is spoken primarily by the Sky Lordians and the creatures of old, ancestors of the modern werewolves, humans, fearies and other beings mentioned in this story. Throughout the years and due to a rift in the relationship between the Sky Lordians and their creations, the language was substituted for English, a lesser language in the eyes of the Sky Lordians and a befitting one for the creatures who were now farther away from them due to their mortal sins.

The white-wolves being the purest of all bloodlines were able to retain the knowledge of the language, thus, passing it unto their generations for years. However, they soon became the only creatures speaking the language of Yönuh!ah /YOIN-OOH-HA/ and therefore had to adapt to English for easier communication. Hence, the depletion of the language as a whole, albeit some terms and family names that stood the test of time.

Fictional Names:

Sky Lordians [Whi!ki! Loruh!de]
/QUE-KI OR-OOH-DEH/:
The equivalent of the Moon Goddess, creators of the werewolves, their mates, other mystical begins and the like. And there are a bunch of them (hence the use of plural). So just think Greek gods when you try to understand their concept 😊

Nyrlian [Nyŕileahn] /NI-REE-LI-HAN/:
Water Bender ⛲🌊💧

Forlin [Fiölen] /FI-OI-LI-N/:
Fire Bender🔥⚡

Airian [Héríahn] /A-REE-HA-N/:
Air Bender🌀🌬

Throl [Thríö] /TH-REE-OI/:
Earth Bender🗿⛰️

Ortion [Or!tiön] /OR-TI-OI-N/:
A white wolf who can open portals, cast spells and studies prophesies

Hybrids [Yhéö] /YA-OI/ :
A white wolf who can control two elements, be it air and water, air and fire, air and earth, water and earth, water and fire, fire and earth, water and fire..... you get the gist lol😂😂.

They are the product of a union between two wolves who control different elements. So for example, a Nyrlian and a Nyrlian will be equal to a Nyrlian and a Nyrlian and a Forlin would be equal to a hybrid.

Seer [Síhé] /SEE-A/:
A white wolf who can control one element and who possesses all the powers of an Ortion. So the product of an element bender and an Ortion. For example, Airian plus Ortion.

Measer [Meahsíhé] /MI-AH-SEH/:
Means master and it's usually used to address the highest ranking teachers who teach the art of the elements and combat to pups and grown wolves.

Druid [Dríuh!d] /DREE-OOH-D/:
Is a wolf who is well versed in the art of healing, could also be referred to as a pack doctor. The Ortions and Seers (restricted to only wolves who can control air and are Ortions) usually fill this position.

White-wolves [Zwhi!gh Msí]
/Z-QWE-GOO MI-SEE/:
Wolves with control over the elements.

Lycanthrope [Zwhi!gh] /Z-QUE-GOO/:
Is just a fancy term for a werewolf😂😂.

**Any other terms used as I write this book will be updated here.