**

Back in Hawaii

Sabertooth punched Wolverine, and he landed in front of a rock.

"Lose the battle?" Wolverine questioned out loud. "I don't get it, Charles." Wolverine charged at Sabertooth, who tackled him down a hill and onto a cliff. They grappled with each other as they rolled. Wolverine kicked Sabertooth off of him and into a tree.

"I know about Magneto," Wolverine said.

"Then you know I'm the one who belongs at his side, not you!" Sabertooth said.

"You're right," Wolverine said, retracting his claws. "Not me." Sabertooth hit Wolverine one last time and sent him flying off the cliff. Sabertooth triumphantly laughed before he saw his metal sphere float down from the sky. He stepped inside and left for Asteroid M. Wolverine, who had been pretending he was knocked out, looked to his right and found the helicopter Sabertooth came to the island in.

**

Back at the mansion

After getting the information about Asteroid M from Toad, Kitty and Evan returned to the institute with Toad in tow.

"What happened here?" Kurt asked as he entered the wrecked foyer.

"Oh my gosh, " Kitty gasped.

"This place is trash, " Evan said.

"Oh man, " Toad said. "You live like slobs."

"Storm?" Kitty called into the mansion. "Storm? Hey, are you in here?" On the second level of the mansion, Mystique, disguised as a statue, morphed back into her normal self and jumped down in front of them with her daughter Samantha in her arms.

"She's out," Mystique replied. "Can I take a message?"

"Hey," Toad chuckled. "If your still here, then that means you're a loser too."

"Don't ever call my mom that!" Samantha yelled as she grabbed Toad by the hem of his battle suit.

"My angel, relax, " Mystique said, pulling Sam away from Toad before she ended up choking him.

"Fine, but nobody disrespect you, my dear mother. Not while I'm around!" Sam said before calming down.

"What are you here for, mother?" Kurt asked in disgust.

"How dare my brother be disgusted by our mother. He is so lucky mom told me to calm down. Nobody disrespects her, not even my own twin brother, " Samantha thought.

"Simple truth," Mystique replied. "Nobody discards me, especially not Magneto; after all, I've done for him! So I'm visiting him. We can go together, or I can go alone."

"Oh, you won't be alone," Logan said as he knocked the broken door down. "If Magneto has our friends, then we're going after them."

"Good," Mystique said. "But I know the man, so I'm calling the shots."

"Then get your own ride," Logan countered. "X-Men, let's go!"

"Oh alright, fine," Mystique said as she tossed Toad toward them. "But I expect to be consulted."

The X-Men changed into their battle suits and made their way to the sub-levels.

"Like, how are we going to get there?" Shadowcat asked. "I thought Magneto has the X-Jet."

Shifter: Book 1| An X-Men Evolution Fanfiction (Possibly A Rewrite Coming)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें