Chapter 5: Evan and Pietro

3rd POV

-Based on Speed and Spyke

In a basketball court of a local high school, a basketball game goes on and they fight for the ball as it is passed from player to player and Ororo sits in the bleachers watching.

"Set up your zone don't let me shoot!" The person next to Ororo shouts with his hands around his mouth to make it louder.

"Is it always this exciting?" Ororo asked him.

"No this one a real nailbiter." He said as they looked over at the scoreboard and it said 81 to 82 with 10 seconds left on the clock. A boy with white hair grabs the ball and runs and then passes it to another boy as he runs to the basket.

"You cand do it, Evan shoot!" Ororo said as he ran down the court. When he got close enough he threw it and got tackled right as the ball left his hands. As he fell the ball spun around the rim of the hoop several times, right before Evan hit the floor spikes emerged from his skin and Ororo saw it all but right as he hit the floor the ball fell in the hoop just as the last second left the clock and everyone cheered as the board changed from 81 to 82 to 83 to 82. The whole team ran over to Evan and picked him up and when he looked at his arm the spikes we're gone so he cheered along with everyone else. They left with Evan up in the air, except the boy with white hair who passed the ball to Evan but got no recognition.

In the locker room after the game

"Good game man," One of Evans team members says as he hits him on the back and walks out.

"Yeah, Daniels you rule man." Another one of the team says as he walks out as well leaving only Evan and the white-haired boy.

"Thanks, guys good game," Evans says as he waves at them both.

"I should have known you'd hog all the glory." The white-haired boy said as he walked up to Evan.

"What are you talking about man everyone knows that you-" Evan said before getting cut off by him.

"Everyone knows if it weren't for me you wouldn't have had that last shot. I knew I should've just taken it myself." He said to Evan very smugly as Ororo walked in but stayed hidden so she could listen.

"Hey that was great pass man but there's no way you could've made it down the court in time for a shot," Evan said as he continued to get ready to leave.

"Heh dude I got moves you can't even imagine and I'm through holding back just to make guys like you look good." He said as he very quickly on the other side of Evan and got in his face.

"Seems like that boy has been competing with you ever since you were babies," Ororo says as she comes out her hiding spot.

"Hey, auntie O what's up where's dad and mom?" Evan asked after she finished talking.

"Waiting outside I think the boy's locker room makes your mother nervous," Ororo said with a smile.

"Right some game huh it's tight that you showed, " Evan said as he picked up his bag with all his things in it and stood up straight.

"And miss my favorite nephews big game, not a chance," Ororo said as she hugged him.

"Thanks again for coming auntie," Evan said with a smile to her.

"Evan are you alright I've been concerned about you lately you know about the things we've discussed before," Ororo said as she sat down.

"Yeah yeah, no problem Auntie O everything's cool," Evan said as he made a few hand motions.