CHAPTER NINE

PRESENT

Talia woke up to people yelling and glass breaking. Nothing was new, except this time her dad bursts into her room, shouting at her.

"what-?" nat sits up. "what did i do now?"

Her dad took a deep breath and slapped her across the face. Natalia touched her face where she had gotten slapped. Her eyes swelling with tears. As often as this happened, this time felt worse.

Monty rushes in with a bloody nose and new bruises on his face, "yo what the fuck!"

"ur mother told me she heard u guys in the kitchen screaming about you..." he points at talia. "...getting high with a fucking rapist."

Natalia couldn't speak. She just looked at him with tears eyes. He grabs her by her arm and yanks her out of the bed, dragging her to the front door

"come on just leave her alone." monty says as he follows them.

The dad let go of her arm and pushed her towards the door. "get out of my house. go stay with the rapist."

"no dad please." she cried. "i won't do it again, i promise."

Monty pinched the bridge of his nose and just sighed. He couldn't really do anything to help. Everything he did was always overruled.

Their dad pushed her out of the house, then slammed the door and locked it. Everything she owned was still in the house. She couldn't call anyone to pick her up, and mainly she didn't have anywhere to sleep.

She decided to walk to Alex's house, since she knew she could stay there for at least a couple of days. When she arrived, she knocked and the door was answered by alex.

"nat- what are u doing here?" he asks.

Lying instantly she says, "well monty and my dad are like- fighting or whatever. i was wondering if i could stay here for a couple of days."

"i'm gonna have to ask my mom and dad, but i'm cool with it."

She smiles then he accompanies her in. They both walk to the kitchen and deputy standall smiles. "hey natalia. why are u over here so early?"

Alex cuts in and says, "she needs somewhere to stay because there's a lot going on in her house."

Nat nods. The deputy furrows his eyebrows then sighs. "i mean we have an extra bedroom so why not?"

"thank u so much, mr. standall." talia smiles.

"my pleasure. alex go and show her where she's gonna be sleeping." he says.

Alex slowly goes walks to the extra bedroom, talia following. He goes into the room then stops and looks at her. "natalia, what actually happened? monty and ur dad always fight, and u stay there anyways."

"look alex...i got kicked out for getting high with bryce." talia admits.

Alex gives her a confused look, "u got high with bryce?"

"oh my god. yeah i did." she sits on the bed. "just leave it at that."

He sat down next to her and put his hand on hers. "u can stay here as long as u want."

———

Nat went to school in the clothes she slept in. That's all she could do. All her stuff was at home. She saw tony, justin, and clay walk towards bryce and the other jocks.

"alex i'm gonna go to justin and them. i'll see around." she tells him then she walks to clay. "what's going on?"

Clay looks at her, "bryce lied in court about sleeping with hannah."

She shook her head. "that dickhead."

"oh fuck me." she heard justin say, as he walked over to the cheering jocks.

She follows close behind him and hears him say, "ur a goddamn liar. u never hooked up with hannah. u would've told me."

They all turned and looked at him, "why? because we were best friends and i told u everything?"

"i should kill u." justin threatened.

Monty laughs then pushes justin's shoulder and said, "hey, chill out."

"shut the fuck up monty." talia says.

"still gonna hide behind ur boys, bryce?" justin asked.

Bryce dropped his bag and walked closer to justin. "i'm not hiding. u wanna go?"

Justin pushed talia back, keeping her out of the way before slamming bryce into the lockers. He continuously punched him until monty held him back, making it to where bryce could punch him back.

"monty let him go right now!" talia demanded.

Tony then went up and pulled monty into another locker. "i don't want wanna fight u. just breathe"

Even though he said that, monty pushed him to his limits and tony threw a punch at him. Everyone started fighting. Justin had raised hell because now, the punks had joined in.

Natalia stayed back as she watched zach tackle bryce, punching him. She looked over to see Alex walking through the mess.

"alex! stay out of it." she shouted.

He ignored her then went behind monty and smacked him with his cane. Talia rolled her eyes and then saw monty pin alex against the locker. She rushed over and grabbed monty with all the strength she had.

"get out of here or ur gonna be in for it when u go home." she warned. "go!"

He took off and somehow the fire alarm went off. Everyone started walking off but lots of them ended up in detention, including natalia.

———

"fuck this." she mumbled. "why am i even in here."

A lady walked in with someone and said, "bryce walker. come with us please."

He stands up and so does nat. "i'm also leaving because i don't deserve to be in here."

"young lady sit back down." the lady said.

"fuck off." nat smiled and walked out.

She went to monets but then got tired so she went to her quiet place. Surprisingly zach was there.

"zach just get the fuck out." she said.

He stood up, "we lost the polaroids."

"what?"

Zach sighed and sat back down, "we lost all the evidence we had to put away bryce."

"that's fucked up." she said. "real fucked up..."

A/N
HI uh yes hi. this chapter was ok ig but i think i could do better. let me know what u guys think. and comment opinions ✨✨ byeee