Chapter 1

Sorry this chapter is super short, they'll be longer i promise! 

"Look at me you stupid bitch!" Luke spat. I looked up at him smiling with a bloody lip. I wouldn't give him the satisfaction of knowing he hurt me.

    "That all you got. You hit like a girl, asshole!" I retorted. The only thing it got me was another punch in the stomach, knocking out my breath. All he did was laugh, while i layed there coughing up blood. He is the definition of heartless.  "Fuck. You." I screamed.

   "Brooke, I only do this because i love you," After every single fight these were the words he used to make it seem like it was alright for him to hit me. "Now get up and clean yourself off." His voice ran cold. I tried to get up, but it hurt to much. He lifted me up and carried me to the shower. After a fight he would always be so nice, one of the only reasons i actually stayed here. The other cause i had no other place to go.

     The night dragged on forever as i layed beside him. I tried to forget about the abuse and the torture, but it becomes to much of me. He's the only one i have. I have no friends, no family, no life. I just go to school and home. Which i wouldn't really considerer this hole as home, but it's the closest thing i have to it.

   Thousands of thoughts raced through my mind. Mostly about my father. Wondering where he was, or if he even cared about me. The memories we shared together were full of happiness, mom was even happy.

   "Daddy push me higher!" i screamed with joy. The wind brushed my face, and the sun kissed my cheeks. The swing climbed higher and higher as my dad pushed. My mom only close by, smiling and taking pictures. "Mommy, look what I can do!"  I brought myself higher in the swing, pushing myself off the seat. Landing on my feet, my parents clapped like they were my own mini audience. That moment was perfect.

   I brought myself back to reality, tears streaming down my face. I longed for life to be that simple again. To be a normal teenager, but that was the past and now a dream. Reality, isn't that easy.