Camila throws her backpack over her shoulder, glancing at her keys for a moment before deciding that it would probably just be better if she walked. She needed to get in some exercise still and it was a good way of waking up. The brunette steps out of her house, locks the door, and begins her trek to her high school.

●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●

The second that Camila gets through the front doors of McKinley High and starts walking towards her locker, Brittany saddles up right next to her, linking their arms. The short girl grins up at her close friend, her bad mood from earlier suddenly disappearing. Brittany's locker was two away from Camila's, so they always waited for each other to get into the school to walk together.

"You need to help me out." The blonde says in a panic, her big blue eyes glancing down so they can look into the familiar brown orbs of her friend. "We have a big issue."

"What's going on?" Camila asks, worry clouding her features as she unlinks their arms, trying to be able to get a better look at her.

"I have tried everything, Mila. Lord Tubbington just won't quit smoking! I know we have our issues but I thought he trusted me to know what's good for him." She sighs, her shoulders sagging as the usually chipper blonde physically deflates.

They reach their lockers a few seconds after Brittany's declaration and the shorter girl frowns, unlocking her locker before turning back towards the blonde. "He does trust you, Britt, sometimes you just can't control your emotions. Maybe he's just going through a lot right now and doesn't want to listen to you. Do you know how he's getting the cigarettes?"

"I just want him to talk to me about it." She mumbles, before pursing her lips and narrowing her eyes. "And I think he's getting them from that cat across the street. I've always known he's a bad influence."

Camila nudges her. "We'll figure it out, okay? Why don't I come over after Cheerios practice and we can..." She pauses, grabbing her English textbook from her locker. "Find some way to stop him."

Brittany nods, her usual confidence coming back at her friend's words. "Okay but I've already wished on like 6 shooting stars so that's off the table."

"Got it." The Latina mutters with a giggle, walking shoulder to shoulder with the tall Cheerio until the two reach Camila's English classroom.

A quick goodbye is shared between the two as Camila wanders into the room, smiling brightly at her teacher and then making her way towards the back of the classroom to sit at her usual seat.

The seat to her left is filled with one of the few guy Cheerios Cameron—Camila never talks to him much but they are always friendly to each other—and the chair to her right is empty.

While the teacher never forced anyone into a seating system at the beginning of the semester, everyone in the class already knew that the seat next to Camila belonged to Santana. Most people are too afraid to fight the girl to sit there, so the seat always stayed empty until Santana shows up.

Camila starts up a small conversation with Cameron, talking quietly about their newest routine and how it might just kill them until the boy looks over her shoulder. She follows his gaze and her grin widens at her best friend, who has a sort of neutral look to her features.

"Morning, San!" The short girl's chipper voice causes Santana's lips to stretch into that very subtle smile that's reserved solely for her.

"Hey, Camz." Santana greets, sitting down in her chair with a raised eyebrow. "You're energetic this morning. Even for you."