I calmed myself down "Ok, this is it, a mack battle" I looked at the other examinee and they looked calm and relaxed " none of these guys are nervous at all, are they that confident. Wow some of them have special gear." My eyes spotted a familiar brown-haired girl.

'Hey, it's that nice girl I met at the school gates, the one that kept me from falling' I started walking towards her nervously 'I should probably thank her for helping me back there

'Hey, it's that nice girl I met at the school gates, the one that kept me from falling' I started walking towards her nervously 'I should probably thank her for helping me back there.' Then a hand was on my left shoulder, I turned my head to see him again.

' Then a hand was on my left shoulder, I turned my head to see him again

'AAAAHHH!?? He's here too' I mentally freaked out. He looked to where I was walking to and said "It looks like she's trying to focus on the trials ahead" he looked at me "what are you going to do? Distract her and ruin her chances to succeed." I started to explain it wasn't like that, with the commotion I was causing made the other look in my direction.
"Hey over there, isn't that the guy who almost bit it out earlier in front."
"He practical wet himself in the Lecture hall.
"Dude what a loser, but one less rival to worry about I guess."

I hang my head down 'why do I feel like everyone's writing me off

I hang my head down 'why do I feel like everyone's writing me off.'
"Right let's start!" We all looked up to see Present Mic high up on a platform "Get moving, there are no countdowns in a real battle, One of the examinees already got 33 points. Run run run listeners, you're wasting your time here!" I looked back at the others to see them already running.