𝐓𝐖𝐎

〖❝ᴄᴀʀᴘᴇᴛ ʙᴀɢ❞〗

তততততততততততততততততততততততত

        𝐋𝐈𝐍𝐀 𝐑𝐔𝐒𝐇𝐄𝐃 𝐁𝐀𝐂𝐊 𝐈𝐍𝐓𝐎 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐆𝐀𝐌𝐁𝐋𝐄𝐑'𝐒 𝐑𝐎𝐎𝐌, 𝐁𝐀𝐆 𝐎𝐅 𝐓𝐑𝐀𝐃𝐈𝐓𝐈𝐎𝐍𝐀𝐋 𝐌𝐄𝐃𝐈𝐂𝐈𝐍𝐄𝐒 𝐀𝐍𝐃 𝐇𝐄𝐑𝐁𝐒 𝐈𝐍 𝐇𝐀𝐍𝐃. She sat the bag on a nearby table and hoisted the man up, gently laying him on the bed.

        He was still wearing the clothes he'd been before, a white shirt, a gold suit vest with embroidered paisleys and black trousers. He had short reddish-brown hair that parted in the middle, framing his face. He wore a couple of rings, wrought with gold, and encrusted with rubies. He was an ashy white shade, with lips matching deathly color.

        Lina set to work, putting a lot of water to boil and fill the air up with steam. She wet a washcloth with the remaining cool water and gingerly wiped the blood off his mouth. She washed it off and placed it on his forehead, which was hot to the touch. She took a small knife out of her bag and sliced some ginger in even thin pieces. She put the slices into the boiling water, letting them simmer for quite some time. She picked the pot up and poured some of the liquid into a coffee cup, grabbing a small jar of honey from her bag. She poured a little in, mixing it with a spoon.

        At this point, the man was starting to stir. His eyes fluttered open.

        "Who-" was all he got out.

        "Hush and drink this." Lina handed him the small tin filled with the tea. He feebly raised it to his lips and drank, eyes widening with surprise at the warmth, then closing with pleasure. "Soothing on the throat," Lina commented, just trying to stave off the awkward tension in the air. "Lina Tso, medicine woman." she introduced herself.

        "No-" he started again.

        "You need to change and go to bed. You need the rest after your episode. I suggest leaving the kettle on, with little wood." she paused. "The steam will help dislodge and soften any mucus that's been resting in your lungs. Now, I have got to go to bed, I will leave the honey here and you can make yourself more tea if you are able enough. The ginger is already in the kettle." and with that, she left, before the gambler could even get a word out edgewise.

        Lina stalked through the hall and back into her room, careful to make no noise. She stepped back into her room and set the small bag upon a small table by the bed. She stopped a moment to see if she could hear any noise from the other room. She heard nothing.

        Morning came and went, and Lina had gotten ready and eaten. She walked down the stairs and back into the saloon, sitting down at the bar. She talked with the barkeep, Sam, for quite a while. When she was done, she'd managed to snatch a job in the back as a dishwasher and a cook for better pay than the job was worth.