Chapter Twenty-Seven

Start from the beginning

Loud music was playing throughout the unit. It was a new scenario because they were usually just watching some show on the television or playing video games. May iba pala silang alam gawin.

I found Takumi alone at the kitchen. His back was on me as he washed something on the sink.

"Hey," I greeted as I walked towards the kitchen.

Takumi threw me a glance. He smiled and waved the radish that he was holding. "Hey, Seph. Wala pa si Hades."

"I know." Mas lumapit ako sa kanya para makita nang mabuti ang ginagawa niya. There was already a pot on the stove. "What are you cooking?"

"Sinigang na baboy."

My mouth instantly watered. Takumi was a good cook so I already knew it was going to be delicious.

"I'll help you cook," I offered.

"Sanay ka magluto ng Sinigang?"

I snorted. I only prepare healthy meals which is mainly done just by mixing. "No, but I can help mise en place."

"Okay. Pwede mong balatan yung labanos at gabi."

"Yes, chef." Lumapit ako sa sink para maghugas muna ng kamay.

Takumi prepared my area and handed me a peeler. Iilang piraso lang naman ang mga gulay kaya mabilis kong natapos.

I looked at Takumi who was preoccupied with cutting other vegetables.

"How should I cut these?" I asked.

Tumigil siya sa ginagawa at lumapit sa akin para ipakita kung paano. Alam ko yung hiwa sa labanos, yung sa gabi ang pinanuod ko nang mabuti.

I heard a door close, grabbing my attention. I saw a topless Orion with a huge Hydro Flask in hand. His hair was damped. He either got out of the shower or just finished working out.

"Wow. You two... look domesticated," he commented.

Hindi siya pinansin ni Takumi. Sa pagkasanay sa isa't-isa, hangin na lang ang pang-aasar nila. Pansin ko na si Hadeon lang yung medyo napipikon.

"Hello to you, too, Orion," I said as I shook my head and resumed to what I was doing.

"-you want?" I heard a voice that sounded like it came from a phone's speaker.

"Boy, kabahan ka na. It's Mr. Steal Yo' Girl," nakahalakhak na sabi ni Orion. Lumapit siya sa amin at inayos ang pagkakatapat ng phone sa amin, like he was recording us. Kunot noong tiningnan ko naman siya. "Don't they look like newly weds playing house?"

"You're a fucking dumbass," I heard someone say from the phone and I instantly knew that he was on a video call with Hades para mang-asar.

"Hey, don't hate the messenger," Orion retorted. Inilapit niya pa ang phone sa amin. Hinawi 'yon ni Takumi. "Medyo bagay."

"You have a death wish," Takumi murmured and shook his head but still took the vegetables and knife from me and placed it on top of the cutting board. "Ako na lang siguro gagawa, Seph."

I looked at Takumi with disbelief but he couldn't see me because he was avoiding my stares. Umiling ako at lumapit na lang kay Orion para agawin ang phone. Hinayaan niya naman ako.

I found myself smiling when I saw Hades. I could see the headrest and the roof of his car so it was easy to conclude that he was driving. His eyes were on the road.

"Malapit ka na ba?"

He glanced at the phone when he heard my voice. "I'm already at the basement."

"Hurry up and stop video calling with Orion," I said as I glared at Orion.