Chapter 7: Death

Roselle's pov

I drum my fingers on the table in annoyance as I wait for Sage, Finn's girlfriend, to come back with our drinks. She had been gone for fifteen minutes, leaving an awkward tension between Finn and I hanging in the air.

"So," Finn starts again. "How's school?" He asks. I snort.

"Like you actually care." I retort, getting up. "I need some fresh air." I say, walking towards the back door of the Mystic Grill. I hear Finn get up and follow me. I hear a rushing of wind and I spin around to look at Stefan Salvatore (It was Stefan, right) behind Finn, holding a white oak stake.

"Little sister, I care more than you actually think." He says. I gasp as Stefan nears closer to my brother.

"FINN, BEHIND YOU!" I scream. He turns around and tries to stop Stefan, but it's too late. Finn gasps one last time as Stefan tries to drive the stake through Finn's heart. He fails, being pinned down by Sage. Then Matt Donovan runs out of the Mystic Grill and stakes Finn in the heart while he is still vulnerable and weak. He's dead.

"FINN!!!!" I scream even louder. Stefan and Matt look at me, obviously not knowing that I was there, as I collapse onto the alleyway floor as Finn's body starts to burn. I crawl over to it and take the stake out of his body, trying to touch him and tell him that he'll be alright. But I know he won't. I try to touch his body, but I keep getting burned, but I don't care. "I-I can fix this." I mutter.

"Roselle, come here." I hear Elijah say. I shake my head and turn around.

"No! I can fix this!" I shout at him. "Digni sunt haec lamia, saevissime interfici ab aliquo ex suis unum. Ressurect eum in nomine Laconum bellum attineret-" I feel someone pull me back just as I am about to finish the spell. "No, NO! Why did you do that!?" I cry into the person's arms. It was Nik. I just sit and sob. Finn was dead... and the last thing I ever did was fight with him.

"Sweetheart, it will be okay." He whispers into my ear, stroking my hair.

"It's my fault. He wouldn't have come out here if I hadn't yelled at him." I mutter, tears streaming down my cheeks.

"Love, it's not your fault." Nik tells me, kissing my hair. I look up at him.

"Yes it is! It's all my fault, Nik! He wouldn't be dead if I was so weak! He wouldn't be dead if I could have protected him. If I was like you, a vampire, this wouldn't have happened!" I shout. I escape Nik's grasp and run away. Before I can get too far, Rebekah appears in front of me. She grabs my arm as I try to push past her, but pulls me into her arms. "No! Let me go! LET ME GO!" I scream, struggling against her grip. Rebekah turns my head towards me.

"Hey, HEY! Calm down!" She says. She looks me in the eyes.

"No, NO, NO! DON'T YOU DARE COMPEL ME!" I scream.

"Hey, hey. Roselle! Just go to sleep. Just go to sleep." She compels. I slowly nod as I drift off into darkness...