Chapter 4: High School Be Damned

Roselle's pov

"Must I go?" I whine as Bekah pulls me out to the car.

"Come on, Roselle. We're going to be late!" Rebekah pleas. I groan and get into the car. I'm now much more familiar with this century's 'slang.' As Rebekah drives us to school, I keep on trying to get her to turn back around, and take us home. Why can't I just sleep?! Once we arrive, I begrudgingly pull myself to my first period class, History, Beks at my side. We walk in and all eyes are immediately on me. Goddammit. I think as I take my seat.

"Rebekah. Is this Roselle?" The teacher asks. No dip, Sherlock.

"Yes, this is Roselle." Rebekah answers. I smile weakly.

"Well, welcome to History, Roselle. I'm your teacher, Alaric Saltzman, but call me Ric." Ric says. I nod.

"Thanks." I say, drumming my fingers on the desk, as Ric goes back to teaching. The day pretty much went the same after that. Boring lessons, droning on and on until the end of the day. I had daftly screamed in fright when the bell first rang, not knowing what it was. Now it was the end of the day, and I was trying to find Rebekah from my last period of the day, art, my favorite class by far. I sigh in frustration as I try to find Rebekah.

"Goddammit, Beks! Where are you?" I mutter under my breath. I feel a hand on my shoulder and I spin around to an absolutely gorgeous boy.

"Hey, Roselle right?" He asks. I shyly nod. "I'm Tyler Lockwood. Do you need help finding something?" He asks again. Again, I nod.

"M-My sister. R-Rebekah." I stutter, captivated by those dark, brown eyes.

"Oh, she just left." He replies.

"Oh. I have no way to get home." I say with a frown. Tyler then frowns with me.

"Do you maybe wanna hang out? At the Grill? I can take you home afterwards." He offers. I smile and nod.

"Ye-Yeah.. that sounds wonderful Tyler." I say to him.

~ At The Grill ~

I drum my fingers on the table as I look at what to order for a drink.

"What do you want, Ro (Tyler's new nickname for me)?" Tyler asks.

"What's 'Coca Cola?'" I ask as I wrinkle my nose.

"You don't-? Oh my God, you have to try it!" Ty, my nickname for Tyler, exclaims. "Some come Coke for the lady." He says to the waitress. She nods and walks away with our orders. I'm starting to feel like I'm being watched. I turn around and groan. Nik and Kol are spying on me and Ty from the bar, the bottom half of both their faces concealed by a menu. I scoff.

"Get out of here!" I yell them. Nik and Kol hop off of their stools and walk over to Ty and I.

"I don't really like you trying to court my sister, mate." Nik says to Tyler. Ty's eyes widen and he gets up.

"Sorry, Ro. I... um.. I have to go." He says, leaving the Grill. I scoff at my two brothers.

"I can't believe you two!" I exclaim with a huff. "We were just hanging out!"

"Come, little sister. Time to go home." Kol says, grabbing one of my arms. Niklaus grabs my other one. I pull out of their grasp.

"I can walk." I growl through gritted teeth. Niklaus and Kol put their arms up in a defensive position as we walk to Niklaus' car. Soon enough, we're home.