Ch. 1 - Life At Potter Manor/Shopping For Wands

Jayce and Harrison were very different, as different as they could possibly get. Jayce was a social, adventurous boy. He took very much after James. Harrison was more like Lily than James though really not much of either. He was quiet and stayed in his room often. He read books very often, sometimes get so lost in them his parents would have to order the house elves to bring dinner up to him as he would refuse to come down for dinner before he finished. But in the near decade that had passed since the fateful Halloween night, they both had grown into healthy, rather attractive young boys. Jayce had untamable of reddish brown hair which he had decided to grow to his shoulders when he turned 9, he had warm dark brown eyes like his father, he was broad shouldered and a little taller than average. Harrison on the other had was smaller, lithe body type, probably due to his lack of exercise and smaller appetite. His raven black hair was cropped short, just below his ears and it felt like the bark that grew on young trees when they were still soft. His eyes were the most remarkable part of him, bright green and shining, the color of the Killing Curse rather than the emerald green of Lily's. People often felt uncomfortable looking him in the eye though, so he learned to keep his head down and avoid people.

On July 24th, 1991, when two tawny owls flew in through their kitchen window carrying a letter bearing the Hogwarts crest the family was ecstatic.

"Jayce! Come down here!" Lily yelled, then almost as if an afterthought she yelled, "you too Harry!"

"Coming mum!" Jayce shouted as he raced down the stairs.

Harrison calmly walked down the stairs, very much in contrast to his younger brother

"Mother, did something bad happen?" Harrison said

"No!" She squealed happily, "Your Hogwarts letters came!"

"Really?!" Jayce shouted, as he rushed over to grab the letter, and there it was. Shining brightly up at him sat the Hogwarts emblem so perfectly on the letter. 

"We're going to Hogwarts!" Jayce yelled excitedly, "can we go pick up our supplies TODAY? Please, please, please!" 

Lily laughed cheerily, "Of course Jayce!" she said, "We'll go when your dad gets back from work." 

"Yes!" Jayce exclaimed, "Thank you!"

"So what do we need?" Harrison asked

"Wait a second Harry, let me check the supply list first."

"It's Harrison, Mother, you named me that. Perhaps you should use it." Harrison grimaced

"Oh I'm sorry Harrison, we've just been calling you Harry since you were one year old. Old habits never die I guess." Lily apologized

"Yes, I know mother. You've told me that many times."

"I'm quite sorry dear, you know how forgetful I am."

Harrison smiled weakly, "Yes." he said, "Unfortunately."

Lily smiled, "Well here's the list Harry—Harrison, the supplies are on there."

"Thank you Mother." he said as he turned to leave

Lily glanced wistfully after him, when did their young Harry begin acting like a grown man? She thought about it then realized she didn't have quite as many memories of Harry as she did Jayce. Of course he was her son and she loved him. But sometimes she just forgot...last Christmas she had gotten Jayce his owl; Jupiter, or rather Lightning as Jayce had affectionately called him. For Harry though...she didn't quite remember. Perhaps it was an old runes book she'd gotten at an antique shop. Or maybe that was from two years ago? Yes that was right, two years ago she'd gotten Harry-Harrison a runes book, and last year it was a wood whittling kit.