Substitute Lover: 4

Start from the beginning

'Your fluffiness is your only redeeming point.' Jing Yi said casually, shifting her gaze back onto the cake.

Zhenzhen gaped in shock. 

[The host is so scary when hungry!]

A few minutes passed by and a woman began to approach Jing Yi.

She walked up to Jing Yi showing a gentle smile. "Hello young miss." She said softly and bent down to reach Jing Yi's eye level.

"I couldn't help but notice you staring at this cake. Would you like me to-" She began but was suddenly interrupted by murmurs from the crowd.

She turned to look at what all the commotion was about, only to find the young master of the Chen family walking towards her while giving her a sharp glare and also... carrying a chair?

She unconsciously shivered and moved away from Jing Yi.

Jing Yi stared at Chen Li who had plopped the chair on the ground. She watched him climb up on the chair, grab a knife, slice a piece of cake, place it onto a plate and grab a fork.

He then carefully climbed off the chair and gestured for Jing Yi to sit on the chair to which she did.

He brought the fork, which had a piece of cake on it, to Jing Yi's mouth.

"Say ah." He commanded while the surrounding people watched in awe.

"Aah." Jing Yi said opening her mouth. Chen Li fed her the cake and Jing Yi chewed happily. 

"So sweet." She said raising a hand to her cheek while Chen Li watched with a smile on his face.

[Host... you were not like this a few minutes ago.] 

The guests on the other hand watched the scene warmly. 

"Gosh, they're so cute."

"They both match each other in terms of appearances, backgrounds and age. Aren't they just a perfect couple?"

"Are the Qiu family and the Chen family planning to be linked together by marriage?"

Chen Li overhearing these comments grinned happily with his head facing towards the ground. He was starting to regret feeding Qiu Yi in front of everyone because they could all see her acting cute but now he thinks it was a good idea.

After all, if people spread rumours of him and Qiu Yi, won't it keep other boys away from her?

"Chen Li." He flinched a little hearing the soft voice call his name.

He turned to look at the girl only to find her opening her mouth and eagerly looking at him.

He smiled gently. "Open wide." 

Sorry Qiu Yi, this might be selfish, but I want everyone to know that the only boy you'll be intimate with is me.

Unfortunately for the two children and the guests watching the picturesque scene, a man's voice suddenly rang out.

"Hello to all the guests that have attended this banquet." 

As everyone's eyes turned to look at the mysterious voice, the system besides Jing Yi suddenly gasped.

[Ah, it's the male lead's Dad! Oh and there is his mother! Could they be announcing the engagement?] Zhenzhen said excitedly.

The male lead's Dad, Jian Fu, stood beside his wife Jian Niu.

"You all must be wondering as to why I held this banquet right? Well I am pleased to tell you that my son, Jian Min is going to get engaged to the Yan family's only daughter, Yan Xiuying." He grinned happliy.

As everyone was still trying to process those words, Yan Xiuying's parents began walking to where Jian Min's parents were and following behind them was none other then the male lead and villainess themselves, Jian Min and Yan Xiuying.

Jian Min had a cute face that had not matured yet but practically radiated a male lead aura. He made all the young girls in the banquet blush and stare, minus Jing Yi who as always, wore an expressionless face. 

Jian Min had on a helpless yet doting smile on his face when he looked at the girl who was currently clinging onto his arm as if she was an octopus.

The girl, Yan Xiuying, had a pretty face and wore a pink princess dress. You could instantly tell she was a rich young missy and that she was completely enamoured with the boy beside her.

Once the parents and children were at the front of the banquet, Yan Xiuying happily showed off her hand which had a ring on her left finger and eagerly glanced at Jian Min until he also showed off his ring.

The guests clapped and congratulated the young couple wearing smiles on their faces but who knows if they were sincere or not.

After all, two of the biggest families were basically announcing that they were going to partnered together. Wouldn't that make their companies even stronger?

The two children didn't seem to notice it at all though as Yan Xiuying gave Jian Min a peck on the cheek and smiled happily while Jian Min blushed and grinned happily in response.

[I feel like I've eaten a lot of dog food ever since coming to this banquet.] Zhenzhen sighed.

Jing Yi gave the system a perplexed look. 'You eat dog food?'

[Host that's not what I-, you know what forget it.] Zhenzhen sighed, giving up on explaining to it's naive host.

[I wonder how Yan Xiuying could turn from a pure child into such a vicious person when she grows older. It's not like she was born a villainess right?] 

'She did glare at me with malicious intent a while back.' Jing Yi replied.

[H-huh? When?]

'Oh, she's glaring at me right now.' Jing Yi pointed out.

And she was right.

Yan Xiuying, hidden behind Jian Min, was glaring daggers at Jing Yi.

.................................

Eating Dog Food: When single people see couples together showing their love, they use this expression.

A/N: Thank you for reading this chapter. I'm sorry it took a while, I was quite busy with school. Hope you enjoyed!