Chapter 26

As Sejung walked passed Jaehyun in the halls of the Academy, she looked away, avoiding any possible eye contact.

Did Sejung feel bad for Jaehyun? Yes. Did she vote against Jaehyun losing his title as an agency leader. Nope.

Sejung wasn't there when it happened but according to Johnny and Doyoung, Jaehyun was very close to joining Sora's mother, and with his powers, things could have gone terribly wrong if he did so in the end, Sejung along with every other leader voted for Jaehyun to lose his title.

Sejung let out the breath she didn't know she was holding, continuing down the halls to Jaehwa's office for their meeting when she was pulled aside.

"What the heck?" Sejung exclaimed when she saw who it was.

"Be quiet, Jaehyun walked by not too long ago." Johnny said, still gripping tightly to Sejung's arm.

Sejung removed herself from his grasp, crossing her arms in front of her before glaring at the male. "What do you want?"

Johnny let out a deep sigh. "Look, I feel bad for Jaehyun. He's hiding it but he's clearly upset."

"It's not like he lost everything. He's still a trainer, teachers the younger agents, and he still has his office. He just doesn't get to sit in on the meetings where we make important decisions." Sejung pointed out.

"Yeah but that's still a big hit. It's Jaehyun we're talking about. There's a reason why he sits by Taeyong's side. To be stripped of the title of a leader, that's a big deal." Johnny argued.

"Whatever, but you still didn't answer my question." Sejung said.

"Oh." Johnny said as he recalled why he pulled the girl aside in the first place. "I was going to train with Jaehyun tomorrow after school. You know, to get his mind off of everything and was wondering if you wanted to join."

"Me?" Sejung asked, pointing to herself. Johnny nodded.

"Yeah, you can bring Jungwoo too if you want." Sejung raised an eyebrow.

"Why specifically Jungwoo? It's not like I do everything with him." Sejung told him.

Johnny chuckled. "No everything but a good amount. There's a reason why you have a photo of the two of you inside your office and I'd be lying if I told you I didn't see the same one in his."

Sejung felt her cheeks turn red and judging by the wide grin on Johnny's face, he had noticed as well.

"Fine, I'll go and I'll see if Jungwoo wants to join." Sejung said, turning away.

"Thank Sejung, I'll see you tomorrow." Johnny called out as she walked away in a rush. She ended up walking right into someone's chest and heard Johnny stifle a laugh from behind her.

"See if I want to join what?" Jungwoo asked, looking down at the girl who had bumped into him.

...

"Huh?" Rena exclaimed as she opened up her locker, a pink note falling out. She looked around her to see if anyone else had seen it but it was just her and Renjun in the halls, most students having already left the school.

"It's a note, idiot." Renjun said, picking it up. His eyes widened as he opened it before quickly folding it back up. "And it's for you, only you."

"Who's the idiot now?" Rena said, snatching the note from his hands. She opened it up, reading its contents.

Once upon a time, there was boy who was in love with a girl. He loved her so much that he wrote her a love note and tucked it into her locker. She's reading it now.

~ N.J.M.

Rena couldn't help but smile as she read the note. She cleared her throat, wiping the smile off her face as she shoved it into her pocket but Renjun had already seen it.

"What's your deal with him anyways. You two are bonded now so why aren't you two spending every moment of your lives together like you did before." Renjun asked her as he leaned on the lockers.

"You're forgetting that he literally shattered my heart into a million pieces. Just because he's back and we're bonded doesn't mean that I'll forgive him that easily." Rena replied. Renjun rolled his eyes.

"Oh please, you're just using that as an excuse. Everyone can tell you're just waiting to jump right back into his arms." Renjun stated.

"Maybe." Rena could only say as she took her bag from out of her locker. "Anyways, where's Haechan?"

"He's tutoring Minjee." Renjun said as the girl closed her locker.

"Minjee? I didn't know she needed a tutor. And if she did, I thought it would be you." Rena said as the two walked down the halls.

"That's what I thought too." Renjun murmbled. A smirk grew on Rena's face.

"You're jealous." Rena told him. She could tell Renjun was forcing the look of disgust on his face.

"I am not!" Renjun responded, a bit too forcefully. Rena let out a laugh before giving her frfiend as wide smile.

"Sure you're not." Rena said, not saying another word as Renjun listed the million reasons why he hated Minjee as the two made their way to the agency building.

...

"I have a test this week." Minjee said as Haechan took his seat beside her. "It's in Kun's Origins of Magic class."

"You know I don't tutor magic, right. I'm a phoenix." Haechan said as he pulled out his pencil case and a few sheets of blank paper.

"I know, but you took this class last year, didn't you?" Minjee asked. Haechan nodded.

"I did, but that doesn't mean that I did well in it. I probably did worse than you're doing right now." Haechan admitted.

"Oh. I just wanted to work on that class today" Minjee confessed. "The test is a big one and I really need to study it."

"If you wanted a tutor for that class, you should have asked Renjun instead." Haechan said, beginning to return the items to his bag.

"Where are you going?" Minjee asked as Haechan slung his bag over his shoulder.

"I'm leaving. You don't seem to want me here, anyways." Haechan said, a tone of bitterness in his voice.

Haechan felt Minjee's eyes staring into his back as he walked away. He was expecting her to call him back but she never did.

As he turned the corner, he saw that Minjee had simply put her earbuds in, focusing on the work in front of her. He started to feel sick as he felt his heart racing in his chest.

Once Haechan was out of the library, he closed his eyes as he leaned back against the cold lockers, taking a deep breath.

Stop it.

"Dude, are you okay?" Haechan opened his eyes to see Mark standing in front of him. Haechan immediately straightened up, shoving his hands in the pockets of his uniform pants.

"Yeah, I think I just had something weird for lunch." Haechan lied. Mark chuckled.

"The dinning hall food is a little funky sometimes." Mark replied. "Anyways, I'm heading to the lounge, want to join?"

"Which one?" Haechan asked as the two began to walk.

"Not sure yet, which one do you want to go to?" Mark asked back.

"127's." Haechan replied without a moment of hesistation. Mark nodded his head.

"127's it is then."

———————————————————————————

I am so sorry that i forgot to update yesterday, i literally fell asleep halfway through writing with my phone in my hand... so sleep :(

DW THOUGH

BECAUSE

i'm giving you a triple update today to make up for it :)