"Oh! You must be (l/n)-san! Kuroo has told me many things about you! Welcome to the team, new manager." Nekomata interrupts me, smiling to me.

"T-Thank you very much! Volleyball is very new to me but I will do my best to be the  manager of this team!" I say bowing politely.

"Oh ho ho I like you already (l/n), as long as you always do your best, I'm sure you will be a very good manager! Even though these boys can be a pain in the ass sometimes because well you know boys your age are always dorks but they will all gladly accept you." He says patting my shoulder.

As he says that, the boys come out of the changing room and join us on the volleyball court. I proceed to help them prepare the nets and balls that they will use.

I then sit down on a bench and pull out a notebook and a pen to note everything I see.

Alright (y/n) just remember Haikyuu and how they played in the anime. Plus all the books that I've read. It should be okay, right?

As I was saying that in my head, The boys split into two teams and start a training match.

The match goes on and i now have figured out how some of them play and what their weaknesses are and how they can work on them.

And I now understand why Kuroo is the captain. No one has managed to pass his blocks yet. Him and also Lev I mean c'mon that guy is a GIANT well even though he's a giant he's a little clumsy but he can easily improve on that and then our block would be unstoppable just like Dateko's!

And Kenma too, he's like the brain of the team, he observes everything then tells his team how to react and do things. And on top of that he's a really good setter. It's as if Kuroo was the captain with all the muscle and Kenma was the brain that connects everyone together. Okay I'm not saying Kuroo doesn't have a brain but just that Kenma thinks a little more. Kuroo is a dork though.

All the members of the team are incredible players and I can see it now that I understand volleyball a little better.

The match ends and coach Nekomata comes up to me.

"So (l/n)-san what do you think of Nekoma's male volleyball team?" He asks, a proud grin on his lips.

"They're amazing! They all play very well and I've noted a few things, about their skills and weaknesses I've found by watching them play. I really am happy to be here." I answer smiling to him.

"Good good! That's very impressive that you've already been able to find all of that in only one match. Now I'm sure you will be an amazing manager (l/n)-san!" He says patting my back lightly.

The team continues training for a while until it's time to go.

"Alright everyone, that wasn't too bad for the first training session of the year. You will have to do more for the match against Karasuno in May though! Now go get some rest, I don't want a team that will fall asleep on the court." Says coach Nekomata to the team.

"Bye everyone see you tomorrow!" Says Lev leaving with Yaku.

"Bye (l/n)." Says Kenma blandly

"Not even a 'bye Kuroo'? I'm offended Kenma." Kuroo says putting a hand on his chest faking being in pain.

"Whatever Kuroo, bye." Says Kenma before leaving.

"Bye everyone!" I say before Kuroo and I leave.

"Sooo, what did you think about your first time seeing a volleyball training session?" Kuroo says breaking the silence.

"It was really interesting! Now that I understand it at least. I don't think I would have appreciated it if I had never read the rules or even watched haikyuu. Volleyball is surprisingly interesting."

"Well I'm happy to hear that, manager. But, what did you think of me playing?" He says looking at me with a confident look and his smirk.

"Eh you were the least interesting, if you weren't on the court i probably wouldn't have noticed. I was mostly looking at the others anyway." I say teasing him.

"Wow, have I ever told you you wound me? So rude.." He says crossing his arms looking away from me. And I can only laugh at his action.

"Aw c'mon you didn't actually believe me?" I say between giggles.

"Well I don't know!? I'm just asking a simple question and that's how you answer me, you just hurt your captain's feelings." He says fake crying and wiping his tears.

"Aw I'm sorry captain, if it makes you feel better, I actually thought you were the most interesting to watch." I widen my eyes at what I just said because where the heck did I get the courage to say that out loud AND without stuttering.

"If this is another lie I don't want to hear it." He says pouting.

"Don't worry I'll stop teasing you I mean it, you were really good even if it was a training match I can see why you're the captain."

"Suddenly I feel way better."

"See, works like magic."

"Right right, and I'm guessing you didn't even see we actually passed your house and we are now at mine hm?" He says looking at me chuckling.

"I- why didn't you tell me!?" I quickly stop lightly hitting his shoulder.

"I call it magic." He says to me laughing.

" Whatever my magic works better than yours." I say turning the other way to go home.

"Whatever you say (l/n)-chan."

I stop at what he says and smile to myself before turning to him again. 

"Whatever you say you weird ass so called magical Kuroo-kun." I say raising an eyebrow and smile before going the opposite direction to head home.

~~~~~~~~~~
song : So Rude- Orkid

hey hey heyy!

I though my chapters would be shorter but I actually ended up liking making chapters with 1000+ words instead of 700-900 words.

hope u like it!

-maki chan <3