Chapter: 2

It was now 5:30 and I hear someone honk from outside. I was wearing my favorite cheetah print bikini, and high waisted jean shorts. My mom says, "Have fun tonight sweetie, and be safe. Your father will be home tonight so come in quietly so he can sleep." I smile and give her a quick hug before saying, "Alright, I love you I'll see you later!"
         On the inside I am kind of freaking out that Tamen is taking me to the party. But I will never let him know that. I walk up to his car and hop in. He looks me up and down then says, "You look ravishing." I snort and reply, "Who the hell says ravishing?"
          He simply shrugs and starts driving. It wasn't a far drive being that our town was so small.
           "So this slop hole, it's just a water hole right?"
           I look over at him and say, "Well yeah pretty much. But there are jumping cliffs and water falls. It's actually beautiful down there. But be careful there is a current, and if you get swept up it would be really bad." I miss in understanding as we pull up on the bumpy dirt road.
           The slop hole was everyone in towns favorite hangout. But the current was definitely dangerous considering everyone gets drunk. I look at Tamen sneakily and take in his good looks. I guess showing up with the new hot guy isn't a bad thing. But everyone's going to think I'm trying too hard.
           "You're staring." I quickly divert my eyes back to the road and we park on the side of the road. I get out quickly trying to make my staring a little less awkward. I could hear the water fall along with laughter. I'm going to have fun tonight.
          We walk down the hill trying not to fall, and head towards the swarm of town teenagers. I spot Emma right off the bat in her neon yellow bathing suit. I walk over to her and say, "You definitely stand out!" She laughs a little then says, "In a good way?"
           I nod and reply, "Definitely in a good way." She looks me up and down and says, "Thanks hot stuff!" I watch as Reece grabs the rope and goes swinging off the platform doing a back flip into the water.
           Tamen appears at my side with two cups in hand. "Let's get this party started!" He hands me the cup and I can't help but smile as we start to chug our drinks.
———
I was officially messed up, and Tamen hadn't left my side all night. Disregarding all of my caution I start running towards the woods throwing my hands up in the air happily. Tamen follows quickly behind me, "I've always been to scared to run into the woods at night! But I don't even care right now!" He chuckles lowly and says, "Maybe you had a good reason to be cautious."
I register his words slowly and I turn around realizing just now how dark it was and how far away I had ran. Tamen was no where to be seen. "Tamen?" I call out.
I then hear, "Behind you." I turn quickly but no one was there. I spin in circles on my heels trying to spot him. "That's not funny please just come out!" I hear his deep laughter echos around me. My heart beats wildly in my chest. Suddenly I am thrown to the ground. I scream in fear, but a hand slams down over my mouth.
Tamen hovers above me pinning me to the ground. I try to scream as his face morphs and fangs protrude from his mouth. He pulls my head roughly to the side and bites into my neck. I try to wiggle away and hit him but no matter how hard I tried I couldn't.
That is until he pulls his head away from my neck with an insane look in his eyes. I cough, and gags as my blood falls from his mouth.
           "Your blood.... it's different."
          My mouth was dry and my head was spinning I couldn't even speak. Suddenly someone comes over and throws Tamen into a tree. I look up to see an exact look alike of Tamen. Except he had darker eyes.
           I couldn't move maybe from shock, maybe from blood loss. "What the hell is wrong with you!" The other Tamen screams.
           Tamen is over to me in seconds, "Taste her. No tricks. Just taste her blood." I whimper pathetically on the ground as the other Tamen reaches down and swipes the dripping blood onto his fingers. He puts it in his mouth and I feel the need to vomit. His faces morphs just as Tamens did.
           Suddenly he bites into his own wrist and holds it to my mouth. I gag and choke as I feel his disgusting metallic blood run down my throat. But suddenly I started to feel better, the dizziness subsided and there was no more pain.
          I look left and right trying to find my best way to run even in my condition. But almost as if reading my mind the other Tamen says, "Don't even try it. I will take you home." I shake my head quickly, "You just drank my fucking blood like some kind of animals and now you want to take me home?" Tamen sighs and I'm a second he is infront of me holding my shoulders tightly.
         "You are going to forget this happened, you had fun tonight, and you love being around me. You think you might be catching feelings for me. I will pick you up for school tomorrow and you will be excited to see me."
          I felt a fuzzy feeling and then I smile, "Tamen who is this?"
           He smirks back at me and replies, "This is my less fun brother, Luca. He's going to take you home I had a little too much to drink, love."
           He's so sweet.... wait what? Did I just think that?
            I nod and start walking with Luca after waving goodbye to Tamen.