Chapter-2( The distance between two hearts)

Gusu Lan Sect was organizing its Lecture session. Jin Ling and Ouyang Zizhen were here as representative from their respective sects.
      It was dinner time. Jingyi sat far from Sizhui unlinke other days. They sat on opposite sides. While Sizhui sat beside Jin Ling, Jingyi sat beside Ouyang Zizhen.
       Lan Zhan felt it was weird looking at the two juniors. For as long as he could remember, the two were inseperable since the first day they met. He looked over at Wei Ying who was struggling with Lan Sect's utterly 'not his style food'. Wei Ying noticed Lan Zhan's worry but he assured him with just three words,"Let them be." Lan Zhan nodded,"Alright."
       Sizhui glanced towards Jingyi and was surprised that Jingyi was staring at him. Just as their eyes made contact, Jingyi averted his gaze. Sizhui could feel his chest being heavier-'Jingyi...'
       Sizhui and Jingyi's rooms were next door to each other. It was already midnight yet Sizhui could not sleep. He wanted to see Jingyi. So, he approached Jingyi's door but as he was about to knock, he heard Jingyi's voice which stopped him right in his track.
        " I...I love you!"
         Sizhui's heart sank-' Who is Jingyi confessing to?'-
           "Brother Jingyi.."
          -'That voice..its Ouyang Zizhen!?'- Sizhui felt an unknown rage rising in him, he retracted his hand and went back to his room. -'So you made your choice,huh? '-
            "So? How was it? Do you think he will like it?" Jingyi asked Zizhen nervous as they sat on the floor facing each other. Zizhen sighed as he patted Jingyi's shoulder and smiled,"If its from you i am sure Brother Sizhui will like it no matter how you say it." Jingyi averted his gaze looking sideways,"I am not really sure about this. I am only conveying my feelings so that if he does reject me, I can assure myself that i tried and move on." Zizhen was pitying Sizhui seeing how dense Jingyi was-'Brother Sizhui, please be direct or else with how dense he is, brother Jingyi will never understand your feelings.'- " Brother Jingyi, you are really dense."
          Jingyi could barely hear the words since Zizhen whispered to himself,"Huh? Did you say something Zizhen?" Zizhen shook his head sideways indicating nothing so, Jingyi shrugged it off.
          "Zizhen, call me Jingyi alright? Its weird that even after a year that we've known each other and are friends, you are still so formal. Ok?"
           Zizhen smiled as he nodded,"Alright, Jingyi." Jingyi smiled back,"Yep better."
          Jingyi was all prepared to confess his feelings to Sizhui during their break in the afternoon but just as he entered the class for lecture he sensed that Sizhui was in a really bad mood. -'Eek! How am i supposed to confess to Sizhui when he looks like he could explode anytime? Why today of all days? Just when I gathered my courage to confess. Wait , could he be mad about yesterday during dinner? But Sizhui is not one to lose temper easily...'-
            Jingyi was glancing over at Sizhui who was sitting at his right every now and then during the lecture which earned him a smack on his head from Lan Qiren. Jingyi could only rub his head and let out a small,"ow".
             "I believe you know what you have  to do." Lan Qiren stood firmly in front of Jingyi dominating him. Jingyi out of fright replied,"Yes,sir.😔" Unlike other times, Sizhui didn't glance or show his worry. Instead, he pretended that he did not hear or know anything. At least, that was how Jingyi viewed him.
               While others strolled around and had fun during the break, Jingyi copied the Gusu Lan Sect 'who knows how many , 3000 or more?' rules alone. Zizhen arrived a little later and accompanied Jingyi,"Hurry up, Jingyi. You still have to-" He was cut short by Jingyi who held bitter smile on his face," Forget it.Let it be, Zizhen." Zizhen was surprised as he protested,"But.."
               " I expected us to be just bestfriends forever if not lover but even that was too high. Our.. hearts' distance has grown so big.." Jingyi started sobbing .
               -'Jingyi.. if only I could say his feelings for you to you but there are things that should be conveyed by the person himself for you to understand.. All i can do is be a friend to comfort you.'- Zizhen hugged Jingyi and said,"Its alright, you guys will reunite again. I can swear on that. But i want you to let out all your woes to this friend of yours if you want. Jingyi you can let it all out." Hearing that, Jingyi started weeping uncontrollably. "I love Sizhui so much but I am so afraid that he will leave me one day. I am afraid that he is out of my reach..that we are just not meant to me and his cold shoulder is just not helping to sort these feelings at all." Zizhen patted Jingyi's back as he huged him calming him.-'The distance between two hearts is out of physical reach..but its not impossible to reunite.'-
        Notes to readers; Did you enjoy it?