Chapter 7

"Good morning," Dhara greeted everyone at the breakfast table, while bobbing her head down. They all looked up at her, having not realised she was there, before returning the gesture with a slightly deeper bow of their heads.
"Just wanted to check in with Ahsoka, how are you going?" The woman asked, looking at the Togruta.
"Well from what I've experienced so far, I really like it here." Everyone perked up a little at Ahsoka's answer, quite pleased that she was enjoying their company.

"Thats great to hear," Dhara said, genuinely happy. "Now, I was chatting with Valencia and Zhillha about the journey, and they mentioned your extremely capable fighting skills." Ahsoka nodded, unsure what else to do with that statement. "I have also sensed your relatively strong force presence, it's reasonably more noticeable than others your age. This is why I'm assuming you are slightly ahead than others in your understanding of the force."
"Um, okay?" Ahsoka said, unsure why Dhara was telling her this.

"That's why I have placed you in the highest clan group." Dhara concluded. The others at the table listened to the talk, before congratulating her.
"Heyyy Ahsoka, stuck with me," Daleka said teasingly, but nudging her new friend happily. Ahsoka smiled back, but was unsure what that actually meant.
"What do you mean clan groups?" Ahsoka asked.
"Instead of having one padawan paired with an individual master, we group the would be padawans based on prior knowledge and skill level, so they can all learn with people of similar abilities. It also means our masters can employ the help of other masters to help teach a particular skill." Dhara explained. "So therefor, I put you in the highest clan,"

"Huh, okay," Ahsoka shrugged, before remembering that she was pretty much talking to the Estates version of Yoda. "Thank you master," She added at the end. Dhara nodded.
"I'm sure Daleka will show you what you need and where it is," She said, walking away again from the table. The rest of her friends waited until Dhara was out of earshot, before they all congratulated her more in a much more enthusiastic way. Ryuu slapped the girl on the back, and encouraging words were yelled across the table. Ahsoka accepted them all graciously, before it eventually calmed down.

"I didn't think it would be that big of a deal since we're the only padawan aged people here?" She asked.
"Oh trust me, there are a lot more than you think there would be, all who for various reasons ended up here. We're just the cool ones," Ryker said, leaning over the table.
"Eyyyyy! That's my boy!" Ruslan called out.

"For a few years there have only been 4 or 5 people in the highest clan, because it's that much more advanced. Only a few people could even think of being able to cope in what you learn in that class. And right now, your entire class is sitting amongst us," Imelda said, ignore the noise now coming from the table.
"Who?" Ahsoka asked.
"Well you know Daleka is since Dhara told you, Orlaith, Ruslan, Alöis, Ruslan, and now you," Imelda informed, pointing a finger at each.

"I'm so glad you're joining us Ahsoka, Daleka and I were outnumbered. There was wayyy too much testosterone before," Orlaith joined in the conversation, looking across the table to where the boys were now taking part in a miniature wrestling match.

"Should I be nervous?" Ahsoka asked, trying to work out who was winning.
"Oh don't worry there nothing to worry about, either in the clan lessons or in this match. It happens more than you would think," Ryuu said.

"Okay, you finished with breakfast?" Ryuu asked. Ahsoka nodded. "Great, cause I'll need your measurements so that I can start working on your clothes. Daleka, you feel like joining?"
"Sure, I'll need to show her where to go afterwards anyway." The three girls got up to dump their trays, leaving the others behind.

————————

"Welcome to my humble workshop," Ryuu said, walking over the room gathering objects. Daleka looked in a drawer, before her hand was slapped away by a passing Ryuu.
"Okay, if you wouldn't mind, can you slip out of your clothes so I can get the most accurate measurements please?" She said, whilst digging into another drawer and pulling out a tape measure. Ahsoka pulled off her borrowed clothes, and sat down on a table in her underclothes, waiting for Ryuu to finish.