Before she turned away, a large hand wrapped around her upper arm. She snapped her head to the right, narrowing her eyes at Eric as he smirked at her. "Another tattoo, Amity?"

Ana scowled, ripping her arm out of his grasp. "No. I was just looking."

Eric hummed, glancing down at the tattoo on her arm. "Are you ever going to tell me what that means?"

"Why should I?" She asked, crossing her arms over her chest.

He shrugged. "Maybe I'm curious."

His gray eyes were full of amusement and Ana narrowed her own at him. Things felt different between them since the night on the roof. She felt more comfortable around him and he seemed to be more comfortable around her.

Ana smirked at him, letting her arms fall to her side as she moved to pass him. She turned her head to the side, allowing her shoulder to brush against his. "You'll have to try a bit harder than that if you really want to know."

She walked off, not waiting for a response.

Ana couldn't sleep that night. Every time she dozed off, the excitement of the next day woke her up again. Christina was laughing at her by the time they finished dressing the next morning. "What happens if your family doesn't come and you got all excited for no reason?"

"Shut up, Christina." She told her with a smile.

The group of friends walked to the Pit together. Ana could tell Christina and Will were excited as well, though Tris and Al seemed nervous. Christina found her family first, pulling Will behind her as she ran to them.

Tris disappeared next, leaving Ana and Al standing together. Ana twisted her fingers together, her green eyes scanning the crowd for any flash of bright color. A flash of yellow invaded her vision and she broke into a wide grin at the sight of her mother.

She broke into a run, crashing against her mother as she embraced her. Her mom held her tightly, pressing her head into Ana's neck. Ana smiled. "I've missed you so much."

"I've missed you, too." Her mom pulled away first, flashing her daughter a bright smile. She took in Ana's appearance, so different than how she was in Amity. She looked stronger, brighter than she had before.

Small arms wrapped around Ana's middle, pulling her away from her mom. Ana's smile grew at the sight of Chandler and she kneeled down to hug him properly. Ana's dad smiled down at the two of them, placing a hand on Ana's shoulder, briefly.

"I miss you, Ana." Chandler's voice was muffled into Ana's shirt and her heart clenched.

"I miss you, too. All of you." She stood, keeping Chandler's hand in hers. Her eyes flicked behind her parents, locking stares with Eric. He stood against the wall, arms crossed, eyes locked on her. She looked away quickly. "How is everything at hom- in Amity?"

It wasn't her home anymore. Dauntless was her home.

"Everything is good. It's all taken care of." Her mom told her. "Everyone misses you."

Ana missed Amity more than she cared to admit.

"But how are you? Is everyone treating you okay?" Ana's mom looked over her again, almost as if she was looking for a sign that her daughter was being mistreated. "You look good."

"I am good." Ana's eyes were bright as she spoke. "It was hard getting use to Dauntless at first, but I love it here. I'm happy here."

The family spoke for what felt like ages. Chandler told her all about his friends and what they had been doing back in Amity. Her mother and father updated her on the rest of their family and friends. It was a great day and Ana wished she could see them more often.