Chapter III

I filled out all the forms that the woman instructed me. She is telling me about all the things necessary.
"How old is the child?"
"He's 1 year old."
"Oh my gosh! "
"Don't worry we can ask someone to be the nanny of the child while you are away for work." She said. Seriously,she is suggesting this one to me.
"Nanny? Do you think that nanny won't do any bad things to him?"
She smiled.
"Now you are concern. Well,you can hire many bodyguards. You have the money."
"Whatever you say."
"Okay,this is done. Do you have any questions?"
"None so far for now. I might go to the orphanage and visit before he would come to my house."
"By the way,can I ask for your telephone number?Maybe next week I can start to check your house."
"I don't use telephone. We have it but I don't like it."
"Fine any way to contact you,how can I reach you?"
"Here's my calling card. You can reach me through this."
The woman stood up and gathered all the papers on the table and put it in the folder.
Since,the court has given you the right to adopt the child,we can immediately move to the next level and that is the home visitation. I'll send you too the details for parental seminar. You have to attend on this seminar."
"I'm busy."
"Whatever."
She motioned to the door and bid good bye to me.
I sat on my swivel chair and try to figure things out. I will have a child. I have to take care of him until he grows up. I would be taking the same path of my foster father.
My father, Hector Fabrella is single but he wanted to be a father so he adopted me to be his son. He is so kind and best father of all. I never met my biological father since I went to the orphanage.
I started to work on the documents in front of me. Being a father is not in my list. I feel it would be burden to me as a businessman. But my father entrusted me this task so he think that I can absolutely do it. Scott entered the room.
"Hey dad!"
"Stop it!"
"When are you going to redecorate the room for the baby? Don't worry we're gonna help you to do that. I can babysit the baby if I don't have work."
"Really?"
"Yeah. I like babies."
"Wow,you're such an angel behind that face."
"Well,you have to prepare the room for him. Ms. Chavez might visit your house one of this days."
"Yeah. "
I have plan to do it tomorrow. I won't come to the office because I finish all my paper works in here.
"We'll go with you if you buy some furniture."
I nodded my head.
"In this situation,a wife can be your best help."
"I don't like the idea of getting a wife. We would end like my biological parents. She would leave us and what? Leave the child? I don't want my childhood would repeat again."
"You're being skeptical. You have different life,Harry."
"I don't think so. A mango tree won't bear an apple."
"Oh c'mon,don't think like that. You might meet someday the woman who would change your perspective. Then you surely realize that you are wrong."
"It won't happen. If there is,she just needs a bank not a husband."
"Crazy! " Scott laughed.
"Well,I'm sure there's no one in there's world who don't need money. So,why working too hard if there are people like us? Right? We immediately give our black card and they would spend a lot for their wants and boast them to their friends."
"Where did you get that idea?"
"In my mind."
"You seemed suffered the same experience. Dude,you don't have to think like that,your heart will never see those things the moment it captures one."
"That wouldn't happen."
"By the way, Trina will come back here in the Philippines next week."
"Really?are you going to propose?"
"Yeah. I promise to myself if she would come back I'll marry her."
"Wow. We might be friends but we have different views in life. I'm happy for you."
"Well you have a future child. You're lucky than me."
"I feel happy knowing I would not be alone in my house."
"Are you going to find a nanny for the child?"
"I think so. I can't bring him here."
"Yeah."
"I'll go to the orphanage tomorrow. I'll visit him."
"Can I come?"
"Sure."
Hours passed by so fast. I went home that evening almost 11. I immediately went to bed after I changed my clothes. The moment my back touches the soft mattress,I dozed off.

I woke up with the noise made by the alarm clock. I set it at 6:30 since I have to go to the orphanage. I took a shower and wear my best casual attire. I chose simple maroon shirt and a jeans. I pair it my white rubber shoes. I combed my hair perfectly.
I have beautiful and captivating eyes. My dimples at my right cheeks was really obvious the moment I smile. I rarely smile so not everybody knows I have it.
I went out from my room and walked to the kitchen to drink coffee.
After five minutes,I left. One hour travel going to the orphanage. It's still early. I walked to the main door after I parked my car. There are some kids who were running around. I remember myself when I came here. I always stayed alone and looked to the gate hoping my mom would come.
But another person come and adopt me. At first I didn't want to but he showed to me that he can be trusted as a father. So my heart changed. I hated my biological parents for doing that to me.
I saw Ms. Chavez carrying a child.
"Oh,Mr. Fabrella. Good morning. What makes you come here?" She said. At first she was surprised when she saw me.
The child on her arms is awake.
"Who's this kid?"
"I named him Hero. He would be your adoptive child in the future."
"What?"
"Yeah. Do you want to carry?"
I was hesitant at first but I extended my arms to her. She gave me the child but the baby cried. She laughed.
"Oh,don't cry baby. Mommy is here." She said to him. I looked at her. She lull him with her song.
"I took care of him the moment he arrived. He is two months old. He was put in the basket and we couldn't find any information about him. Your father likes him. So he wanted to adopt him until tragedy happened in your family."
I nodded my head. The baby stopped from crying.
"He might think you are his mother."
She smiled.
"I think so."
We went to a garden where there are a lot of beautiful flowers. There are children too laughing and playing in the ground.
"Macky,have you finished your breakfast."she shouted to the little boy who is now watching to the other kids.
"Yeah."
"Come here."
The boy walked towards us. I think he is 7 years old.
"Say good morning to Mr. Fabrella." She said.
The boy hugged her and smiled shyly.
"Good morning Mr. Fabrella."
I smiled. He got my hand and put it on his forehead. It's one way of showing respect to elderly.
"Good morning,buddy."
"He's five when he came here. He doesn't like to talk to anybody even me. But when I told him I can be his mommy for now,he started to talk to me."
"Where are his parents?" I asked.
"They all die from vehicular accident. "
"What about his relatives?"
"They can't take care if them since they are also poor."
"Ahh.."
"Yeah. "
I looked at the kid. He has white complexion and brown hair. Of course he is well taken care.
"When are you going to visit my house?"
The boy looked at me.
"Are you going to adopt Hero?" He said. Suri looked at him.
"Yeah,Macky. Hero will be leaving next month."
"What about me?"
She smiled.
"I'm still here. Are you going to leave me?"
"No." He shook his head.
The boy hugged her on her waist. She looks strict in my office but when she's talking with the kids she's so kind. What a two face human being.
"I'm going to bathe Hero,Do you want to come?" She asked me. I nodded my head. I followed her with Macky.
We went to a big bathroom. There were kids who were taking a bath. They greeted me good morning. Wow.
I feel Macky is looking at me.
"Do you want to say something?" I asked him.
The boy shook his head. He looked at Suri.
"This is how to bathe a baby. "
She told me the process but I feel I couldn't do it.
"I'd like to hire a nanny,I think."
"You have to be hands -on father too. So that you can make good connection."
"Yeah I know that."
"It's fine. But you have to do background check."
"Of course."
"By the way,please call me Suri. How many times you called me Ms. Chavez. Please drop the formality."
" sure. Call me Harry too."
"Okay."
We went out and entered a room. Macky is still with us.
"You can buy some new clothes for him."
"I don't know how."
She laughed.
"I this k it is a mistake to let Hero be in your hands."
"No,I can do it."
She laughed again.
"All right. He's ready."
She handed me the baby. He looks at me.
"Oh my gosh!so tiny!"
The baby smiled at me.
"Hi,buddy. I'm Harry."
The baby give me the best smile. Macky laughed at us when he saw Hero smiled.
"He likes you now." She said.
"Of course,we are both good looking man." I said.
"I hope the child will grow up same as you refined and great person."
"Do you think so?"
"Maybe."
I looked at them. Suri hugged Macky while they are looking at us. They were smiling. Suri has a little resemblance with Macky and Hero.