Chapter 34 - The Broken

Começar do início

"What-- what are you doing?" I finally croak out.

"Breaking the damn bond between you and Nikola!" He growls out, dark eyes turning darker by the second.

"What??" Screaming, I felt my body regaining back strength. "Is that even possible? I'm mated to him for life, Canter! Can't you just let me go already?" I scream at him.

He laughs darkly at me, lips turn up into a smirk. "You know I can't do that. I promised- no we promised to be together forever," He snakes his hands slowly to me neck. "It's either you and me together," He tightens his grip more and I could feel my air supply slowly getting cut off. "Or we both die together, your choice darling." 

I feel pressure slowly building to my brain due to the lack of air and I start coughing. I start panicking, I didn't want to be his. I want to be with Nikola. My one true Mate.

I feel my mark burning. I scream when it started to feel like something was stabbing my mark.

"Be a good girl and sit still." He lets go of my neck and goes back to holding my hands. Not once breaking skin contact.

Being touch by him makes me feel dirty. It was like was betraying Nikola because I let someone else touch me. Letting his mortal enemy touch what is his.

I only notice now that the girl starts chanting faster and I start to hyper ventilate. I can feel my bond with Nikola being disrupted.

Why does this happen to me? When I'm at my happiest, something or someone fucks up my moment of joy.

"Canter, please let me go. Please." I whimper as I slowly feel the connection between me and Nikola slowly fading. A tear slips down my cheek. "Please, I love Nikola. I'm his forever." 

His hold my hands tightens but he doesn't say a word. He was looking at the chanting girl.

She was a witch.

I felt something tearing inside me. Swallowing me whole. My mark burns so much I start to scream.

"Ahhh! Please make it stop." I try to move but my body was still dead as a rock. I look frantically around the room, I feel dizzy and want to vomit. Slowly I feel my connection with my Mate being cut piece by piece. I close my eyes and try to mind link with my Mate.

Nikola, please. Are you there?

Nothing but total silence. Tears now flows freely from my eyes. 

Please, no. I just had him and now I'm gonna lose him again.

Opening my eyes I look at the witch. Begging her to stop this. But she just smiles. The candles surrounding my body burns brighter. Her chants were getting louder and was bouncing around the room.

She moves towards me, grabs my other hand and cuts on my arm.  I scream in pain.

Blood starts dripping.

She then grabs Canter's arm and does the same. And she then joins our open wound together. Mixing our blood. She closes her eyes again and chants out.

I try moving my body again but to no avail, I was dead as a rock. 

This is it. This is happening and all I'm doing is watching it unfold. I'm a pathetic human being.

The witch opens her eyes and looks me in the eyes. Her white eyes staring straight at me.

"Spasei ton desmo." The witch whispers.

Something snaps inside of me. It felt like a cord cuts deep within my heart. Nikola's mark feels like it was exploding and then feeling nothing all at once.

I feel empty. 

I did what I was good at. I start crying.

It was done. My connection with Nikola is gone.

"It is done, Alpha." The witch informs Canter. "She is now open for the taking."

I look at Canter and he looks fucking smug. He was peering down at me with a victory look on his stupid face.

I want to punch that fucking face so much. So much anger was running through my body and at that moment I feel my fingers start to move. Then I could feel my legs again.

Without hesitation I sit up and bang my head unto Canter's stupid face. I put all my strength into it.

"FUCK!" He screams while holding his bloody nose. 

"Careful, Alpha! She's stronger than she was before due to being mated to a powerful werewolf." The witch warns. Hearing this I waste no time and punch the witch in the stomach. She gasps and leans into the wall for support.

I feel proud of myself. Reminds me of my first day in Paradise High. 

Still got some fire in me left I guess.

I look back at Canter and punch him again in the face. I could hear bones crunching. I punch him for the second time just to make sure before jumping off the makeshift bed.

"BLOODY HELL!" He screams as he falls to the ground.

The witch was slowly regaining her strength so I turn towards her and kick her to the wall with all the strength I have.

She wasn't lying about me being stronger now.

Without a second thought I look around and run towards the door. I reach out, open the door and ran up. I need to get out of here and be with Nikola.

"Alpha, you have to mark her before the sun rises. If not, no one can claim her anymore. Not you or her mate." Was the last thing I hear before I ran for my life.

-------

OMG!! 2 YEARS!!!! I AM SO SORRY. I DON'T KNOW WHAT TO SAY BUT DAMN.