𝘙𝘢𝘮𝘦𝘯 𝘋𝘢𝘵𝘦 | ᵖᵃʳᵗ ᵒⁿᵉ

-

Japan ; 22 August ; Saiki

'Sometimes I wonder why the people around me take so much interest in me. No, actually, it's all the time and I know perfectly well why. As much as I pretend to be like the rest of the class, I don't have a set clique, and thus I attract those who find themselves in the same position.

Nendou, for example; no one really pays much attention to him unless it's pure disgust. He doesn't take notice or care because he just isn't smart enough to. I would feel bad for him if I actually cared myself. Alas, I don't.

Kaido is also victim to this, with his hero complex and anxiety. He pushes everyone around him away despite desperately wanting them to stay. He does it to test their loyalty and so far I guess my just existing has made him happy because I haven't made an effort to leave him.

Teruhashi, well she's a different case all together. She has everything she wants and is endlessly happy and popular, but still wants more. She wants what she can't have; that being me. She is easily the most annoying of the entire group.'

"So she's just in love with you because you aren't?" Y/N rudely interrupts my explaining of the group I was giving her over a coffee jelly at my house. Slightly taken aback because I'm still not entirely used to her being back and able to listen to my thoughts, I looked at her for a moment before nodding. I take another bite of my coffee jelly and watch her process my thoughts as she sits cross-legged on my bed.

"Interesting..." She pauses as she finishes swallowing her last bite. She extends her cup to me, intending for me to take it from her. She smiles innocently.

'You and I both have psychic abilities, why are trying to pretend you can't just float the cup to the bin?' I shoot her the thought and she frowns slightly, pouting. What a pain. I reluctantly get up and take her cup, throwing it in the bin. She smiles with pride and gets up, stretching her arms above her head while lifting herself onto the tip of her toes.

"So, now that I know a bit about some of the group, when are we hanging out with them next?" She drops back onto her feet and puts her hands on her hips.

'What?'

"When are we hanging out with the gang gang?" she smirks.

'A) don't call us that and B) I don't know or care.' I huff at her and her smile drops, her eyes narrowing on me.

"I could have sworn you said you secretly like them all and are glad to have friends?"

I shook my head. 'I distinctly remember saying that I do not care.'

She chuckled and shook her head. "Sure thing."

Suddenly a knock echoed up to my room from the front door. I lift an eyebrow, knowing that my parents were out and that I would be able to sense whoever was out there. Y/N doesn't have that ability. Before I could signal her to not answer, she raced out of my room to the door. I hurried to catch up and warn her but as I reached the bottom of the stairs I saw Nendou standing in the doorway as Y/N smiled up at him.

"Oh hey buddy! I was just talking to this small lady about going to get ramen! My uncle's neighbor's dog's brother's owner just opened a new ramen shop and I have 4 coupons!" Nendou shoves a coupon into Y/N's hand and she thanks him subconsciously while unfolding the creases in it. What a perfectionist.

'Tell him we're busy.' I send her a thought as I slowly approach her back like a lion would his prey.

"We'd love to come! Who else is invited?" she smiles at him as he thrusts his fist at me, offering another coupon.

"Well, it was going to me, buddy over here, Kaido and Teruhashi, but because you're coming, I guess just Kaido." he counts on his fingers, as if it would help him distinguish who else he wanted to take out.

"We'd love to go! Let me just grab my bag from Saiki's room!" Y/N happily says as she gracefully spins and wisps past me. Nendou watches in amazement as she clumsily, yet somehow gracefully makes her way up the stairs.

"She seems nice." he says to me, trying to make small talk. I roll my eyes and follow her upstairs, saying I needed to get my shoes.

As I walk into my room I see Y/N tucking her phone into her bags pocket. 'I told you to tell him we were busy.' I walk over to her, looking down at her.

"You know how I feel about lying." she frowns slightly. I looked into her eyes, flicking between her left and right one. She glances at my features for a split second, and I could swear she swallowed when her eyes darted past my lips. "Get your shoes and be nice please." she say as she tries to walk past me. I impulsively grab her wrist and panic as she looks back at me, expecting some sort of sarcastic response.

"Don't tell me what to do." I sternly whisper. She swallows again and nods, her confident persona becoming somewhat submissive. I get a strange feeling in my chest as I let go of her and she walks out of my room to presumably make polite conversation with Nendou while I tie up my laces. What a pain.

~

Japan ; 22 August ; Y/N

I skipped on the sidewalk as Nendou and Saiki walked behind me. Nendou's mind was empty, as always, and Saiki's was blocked from my own. We still never figured out why we can't read each other's minds. I tried to read it up, but it was too complicated for my small little brain to understand. When I asked Saiki to read it and explain, he said it was similar to a double negative, they just cancel each other out.

After a few more moments of skipping like a child, I stopped and waited for Nendou and Saiki to be next to me. "How much further is Kaido's house?" The words drifting into their ears.

"Well, he said he stayed in number 15... or was it 51?" Nendou suddenly stops as if to think, but Saiki and I know he is unable to think.

'Turn to your left.' Saiki speaks directly to my mind. I do as he says and turn to my left.

"Well, we're at number 15, so we may as well try here first." I walk up the small pathway to a dark wooden door with a simple number 15 in the middle, just above the letter hole. I lift my fist and gently knock on the door.

A minute or so later, the door opened to reveal Kaido. "O-oh! Hey Y/N! Saiki, Nendou." Kaido looks surprised at me, and nods at the boys. I smile at him politely. "What are you guys doing here?" He asks.

"Well, the owner of a dog Nendou looks after opened a ramen shop, and to thank Nendou for dog-sitting occasionally, has given him 4 coupons!" I explained the story in a much more simple way than Nendou did.

"Wait, Nendou sits on dogs?" Kaido asked, somewhat distracted by something. He clearly didn't hear what I said correctly.

"No no, he looked after someone's dog and they gave him coupons to their ramen shop." I made sure he looked at me while I spoke. I knew exactly what he was distracted by, but I didn't want to acknowledge it.

"Are you inviting me to come with?" He asked, taken aback that I, of all people, had asked him to join us.

"Of course, Kaido! Just grab your coat, it might get a little bit cold later." I smile and tilt my head slightly to the side. He gives me a single nod and runs back into his house, presumably to get his wallet and whatever else a guy would need.

'He's never seen you outside of school. I don't blame him for being flustered.' Saiki sent a telepathic message to me.

'Is that an attempt at a compliment?' I smile wider as I send him a message back. Nendou hadn't noticed our silence and was looking at the flowers on Kaido's front lawn.

'Depends. Did it work?' he smirks slightly.

'It always does.'

~

1511 words

A/N
okay so basically, the job/internship fell through and they decided that i wouldn't be able to do the hours in time. i also am still in the middle of term 3 of year 11 and am working hard. i dropped game design last week and took up drama instead so im trying to catch up that. its fine. this is fine. anyway, hope this chapter was up to everyone's satisfaction. you all seem to enjoy it.

Have a good day/night.
-jingle