𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲-𝐞𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭

Start from the beginning

She pulled her into tight hug, like a worried mother reuniting with her lost child. And it was true.

Y/N buried her nose into the crook of Joyce's shoulder, her breathing shuttered at the stress that she's been holding in for so long finally let go in Joyce's comforting embrace.

Joyce rubbed her back soothingly, encouraging Y/N to just let it all out. "I'm so proud of you, sweetheart.."

Y/N nodded as she pulled away, quickly trying to wipe away her tears. She hated crying, and she hated people seeing her cry.

Y/N smiled softly through her glossy eyes, her gaze glancing at her father who gave her a prideful smile.
Joyce followed Y/N's gaze to see her looking a Hopper, her eyes immediately locking.

It almost looked as if Hopper couldn't believe that he was actually physically able to be with her. Like he was just making sure that she was real, unlike when he visits her through the void.

Joyce's eyes met Hopper's with a twinkling spark of surprise, and pure joy to see him.
They stood there, almost frozen in shock that they were both psychically there together and merely inches from each other.

She noticed all the new little cuts and bruises on his face, his eyes had a sense of utter exhaustion yet determination ; it was obvious that he and Y/N had been through an awful lot.

And Joyce felt horrible for not finding them sooner to prevent that emotionally tired look in Jim's eyes.

Joyce then noticed Jim evaluating her face the same way, his eyes trailing all around her face. She reached her hand to cup his cheek, softly running her thumb over his stubble that she so dearly missed making fun of him of.

That's when it suddenly all became clear. Jim was really in front of her.

And he saved her.

"Jim.." She breathed, a soft smile curling at her lips.

Jim smiled softly while he reached to cup his hand over the hand that Joyce held to his cheek, softly running his thumb over the back of her hand. "Joyce.."

She smiled with a thin layer of happy tears coating her eyes, launching to embrace Jim in a hug that she had hoped made up for the lost time for the moment.

For Joyce to be in Jim's embrace again, was all that she needed.

And for Jim to be held in the arms of the woman he's loved so dearly for so long, was enough to make up for all the time lost.

And as Y/N watched her father look content for the first time in months, she smiled softly seeing that he was finally happy being reunited with Joyce, even for the moment while they stood in the middle of a dangerous alternate dimension.

Her telepathy began to subconsciously sense a certain potent feeling inside both Joyce and Hopper's minds, directed towards each other.

It was a passionate feeling, a look of pure affection that was exchanged so intensely between Hopper and Joyce.

It could only be described as love.

That feeling inside their thoughts were so intense and potent, and it was the same emotion that Y/N noticed that Mike directed towards her when she saw him through the void.