Off all the restaurants in New York City

Начните с самого начала

Sam shook his head. "Nope, but we were about to." Sam looked over his shoulder at the waitress who was coming our way. I'd been to this place before, so I didn't need a lot of time to decide what to eat. We ordered quickly and after I had gotten my drink, I relaxed in my hair.

"So, what is going on? How's life in the big city working out for you two?" I asked.

"Not too great for me. I haven't landed any modeling jobs and I'm desperately looking for a place to live." Sam said.

"I thought you had an apartment?" Artie asked.

"Yes, but soon I won't be able to pay the rent anymore." Sam sighed. "If my agent doesn't find me any jobs, I can't keep living there."

"Sounds like maybe you need a new agent." I said.

He shrugged. "Maybe, but Artie on the other hand is doing great, aren't you, Artie?"

Artie talked about film school and his experiences in New York until our food was ready.

"So why isn't Rachel here?" Artie asked after we'd eaten in silence for a moment.

I shrugged. "She didn't really tell me. All I got was that she had to meet up with someone else. I have no idea who or why, but I think she might be going on a date."

"Hmm, secretive." Sam said in a weird voice. It was probably another one of his impressions, but I had no idea who he was impersonating, as usual.

I heard my phone buzz with an incoming text. I didn't check it because I wanted to be polite, but I was dying to know if it was from Blaine. "Excuse me," I said while getting up, "I need to use the restroom."

"No problem, take your time bro." Sam said. I chuckled, that was such a typically 'Sam' thing to say.

When I got to the restroom, I took out my phone to read the text.

Could you unload the dishwasher when you get home? Thanks xx

I was confused until it hit me that the text had come from Rachel. I put the phone away, a little disappointed, and headed back to the table.

"Kurt?"

I looked around when I heard my name. He was sitting in a booth behind me, all by himself, Blaine Anderson.

"Hi!" I said when I'd gotten over the initial shock of seeing Blaine Anderson in person.

"What are you doing here?" He smiled. He smiled! I just couldn't get over that smile.

"Having lunch." I said and walked toward him.

"Really? Of all the restaurants in New York City, we walk into the same one. How cool is that?"

I laughed. "Pretty amazing."

"Are you here with your friends?" He asked and looked over at the table where Sam and Artie were seated.

I nodded. "Are you out here all by yourself?"

"Yeah." He pouted the cutest pout ever.

"Aw." I smiled "Hey, do you want to join us?" I said it before I even thought about it.

"Uh, are your friends okay with that?" He asked.

I will ask them right now. Is what I should have said. "Sure!" Is what I really said.

"Okay, well, then I would love to!" He smiled and got up.

"Guys, this is Blaine," I said when we reached the table, "Blaine, this is Artie and that's Sam."