A jaket with cologne

10:30 p.m

After I've brushed my teeth I try to sleep in my bed but I can't.
There are too many things in my head.
Why Nathan acts rude with everybody exept me? Why Mr.Jefferson talks so much about me? Is Kate fine? And the most important question: where is Rachel Amber? Will we going to find her? And if yes, alive or dead?
I hug my pillow and try to don't think about it, uselessly.
Suddenly the air become heavy and my head starts to hurt.
I really need to rest, or tomorrow I will be a zombie more than usually.
I stand up and open my window and take a breath of fresh air.
I have a nice view of the forest. Outside some insects are flying around the street lamps in the dorm's  garden.

It's sad and funny at the same time

It's sad and funny at the same time. Funny because they seem dumb, sad because it's the life metaphor. They don't know yet that they can never take the light so they try and try, sometimes getting hurted or dead.
I switch on my stereo and put some music. Santa Monica Dream starts to play. This song make me so nostalgic.
I lie on bed and close my eyes.

When the song finisced I open my eyes again. It's eleven o' clock. This day never ends.
I sigh and decide to go in the dorm's garden to take more fresh air and walk around, maybe this can help me to sleep.
I wear a pair of sneakers and as quiet as possible I go in the corridor and then downstairs.
I slowly open the dorm's door and slide in the garden.

Ahh, fresh air

Ahh, fresh air. It's a little bit cold but that's fine. I start to walk around, trying to not stumble because it's pretty dark.
Here is the Tobanga, the janitor's room and the window broken by Zachary this morning.
And here's some white paint on the steps. Karma is still here.
Nobody seems around exept some fireflies so I have enough time to relax and just admire this beautiful sky full of stars.
I sit on a bench trying to figured out where can I find Rachel.
I know she was a Chloe's friend and they want to go somewhere togheter and it's a start.
But she was popolar, so many people knew her and consequently so many people can hurt or kidnapped her.
Chloe said Rachel met somebody that changed her life... Maybe she just went away with that person...
I need to find what happened to her, for the Chloe's benefit. She takes medicines for her healt. I can't see her like this.
With the fresh air my head gets better.
I take another deep beath and I smell a little bit of... cologne?
"What? Okay, ______, this was a looong day, so probably I'm dreaming." - I say to myself.
Suddenly a hand rests on my shoulder.
I try to scream but another hand covers my mouth.
Oh no, and what if it's the Rachel's kidnapper?!
I wiggle trying to escape from the man and before I fall on the grass two big hands grab me.
My lips are touching the top of the grass. If the man didn't catch me I probably would have a broken nose. When the kidnappers started to be gentlemens too?
"Jesus, _____! What's wrong with you?"
What's wrong with me?! What's wrong with you! I want to say that but I'm so scared.
But...This voice... where I heard it?
Then I turn around and my eyes cross the face of...
"Mr.Jefferson?"
What the hell is he doing here?!
"I'm sorry to had scare you, Miss."- he says taking me up and placing my hairs.
I blush and he seems to notice this.
"It's late, Miss. What are you doing here?" - he asks to me.
What he doing here?
"I..."
What can I say? Just tell the truth.
"I couldn't sleep so... I went outside to watch the stars and... walk around... I thought this could help me... Oh, I'm so sorry Mr.Jefferson... Now you will report this to the principal Wells, right?"
I'm so scared. Congratulations _______, it's your first day and you was already busted.
"Oh, ________ , I can do it but I don't want. I'm not that type. You know, I like to watch the stars too." - he says sitting on the bench.
"Take a sit, Miss." - he shows me the place near him.
I do like he asked. He's the type of professor who don't report you. Good.
"And what you were doing, Mr.Jefferson? If I can know. I thought everyone were sleeping."
He hesitates before talk.
"Well, everyone exept me are asleep. By the way, I had... A lot of work to do, this evening."
"All the school's boring thing, right?"
"Oh yeah, you know, I need to correct the homework of other students, choose the better photo for the contest...Wich are, I'll be honest, all awful. I count on you." - he whispers and smiles. "So yes, boring things."- he restarts to talk loudly.
He generously laughs.He's so cute...
He have such a warm smile too and I'm starting to get confortable.
"Miss?"
Everything around me disappear and there are only me and Mr.Jefferson now.
"________?"
I think I have no chance with him, because of the situation and the other girls, who are much prettier than me... But something inside me tells the opposite...
Mr. Jefferson waves a hand in front of my face.
I come back to the reality.
"Somebody seems distracted." - he smile to me.
Oh god, I'm embarrassed again.
"Oh yeah...I was thinking about the contest..." - I lie.
He can't know what I thought, right?
"Don't stressed out too much about that. When you take the right photo, you will feel it. You have a gift." - he looks at me.
Silence.
We both look at the sky.
"There are so many stars... More than all grains in all beaches. Isn't that incredible?" - I try to tell something clever but I seemed so stupid.
"You love observing the sky, don't you? You're lucky, I studied some constellations when I was younger...Here, look up at the left." - he shows to me with his finger some stars.
I come closer to him to look better on his trajectory.
The perfume of cologne invase my nose.
He smells good.
"If you connect this little points, what do you see?"
I try as better as I can but I can't see nothing.
"Uhm... a dog?"
"No, silly. It's a Pegaso." - Mr.Jefferson laughs.
"But it's just a triangle!"
"Right. This wasn't easy."
Than he looks for other constellations.
The air become more colder but I don't care.
I would spend thousands of the coldest nights here with him. 
"And look here, what did you see? This is easier."- she shows me some stars behind a tree.
I can't see them well so I come more closer to him.
My fingers touch his. And I feel a lot of butterflies in my stomach.
I need to keep the attention on the sky or he will notice this.
This is more clear. There are two figures.
"Can you give me a clue?"
"Oh, c'mon. It's a zodiac sign."
Two figures... Zodiac sign...
"Pisces!"
"Well done, but be quiet or someone can hear us." - he wishpers.
"Sorry." - I whisper back.
He smiles again. Damn that smile.
Then we just keep sitting on the bench, letting the moon hit our skins.
After ten minutes the air became more colder and I shiver.
Why I didn't take a hoodie with me? Oh right, I didn't expected to be here for too long.
Mr.Jefferson notices that and looks at me.
"Here." - he says taking off his jacket. "Put this on. You might have cold."
He covers my shoulder with it.
Immediately I feel warmer.
And I feel so many emotions too.
He is really giving to me his jacket?
"But... and you, Mr. Jefferson?"
"Oh don't worry about me. I have this." - he says indicating his white shirt.
He looks good on it.
"I will retur-."
"Don't worry. I have millions of this jacket. Keep it."
I blush and smile.
"Well, it's getting late. I'm going home now, and you Miss, better go to the dorm."
What? He leaves me like this? And where did the magic atmosphere go?
How stupid. I really thought there was something between us. What the hell I was thinking? I'm not pretty, or smart enough for him.
"Yes, sir."
He put a hand on my shoulder. He seems want to do something more.
"Goodnight Miss."
At the end he just walk away.
At least nobody busted me, except him.
I sigh and return to my dorm.

The moon is hitting my face

My skirt and the top are near my bed, on the floor. I'm going to put them away tomorrow. I don't want to do this now. Lucky there isn't my mum, telling me what to do.
I'm lying on my bed, hugging the jacket.
It still has the smell of cologne.
This day was so fucking strange.
Like I'm in a videogame or something.
My fake stars and moon on the ceiling are shining on the dark.
"Sometimes you need the dark to bright..."
This phrase crosses my mind.
"And you Miss, better go to the dorm." - I say imitating Mr.Jefferson's voice.
How can a stupid phrase hurts so bad?
That's the power of the words. And the importance we give to people.
If before I couldn't sleep, now I'm completely awake, like after ten cups of coffee.
But it isn't the coffe to keep me awake... I think it's love...
Only from me, not from him.
Shit, he seemed in hurry. I'm just overthinking as usual.
Maybe he had something important to do. But what? He finisced his works and what mature people do after that? Go home and... dinner with family.
Right, he probably have a wife. Maybe a son or a daughter too.
And I'm here, thinking about him like an idiot, when probably right now Mr.Jefferson saying to his wife how much he missed her.
Or he just sitting alone eating his dinner. Who knows?
I sniff the cologne . It's like to have Mr.Jefferson near to me again.
Without realizing it, I'm falling asleep hugging his jacket...

_______________________________

All photo from Life is Strange.