𝒄𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 𝒔𝒊𝒙 - 𝒅𝒖𝒎𝒃𝒍𝒆𝒅𝒐𝒓𝒆

𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐫𝐝 𝐩𝐞𝐫𝐬𝐨𝐧:

it was a very curious thing, dumbledore had decided, that "harry potter" had turned up to gringotts bank on a fine sunday morning, wearing nothing but "rags for clothes" and "littered with bruises, black and blue"

so curious, in fact, that he decided to take matters into his own hands. its highly unusual to see dumbledore roaming the streets without his brainwashed sidekicks with him, which is why he had attempted to acquire ms. minerva mcgonagall to guide him through diagon alley. mcgonagall had denied his request, for reasons he could not understand, so he had contacted his second best option. 

severus snape had also denied his request, not bothering to make up an excuse and saying he had better things to do with his time. now, dumbledore may be a fool, but he is not stupid. facing the public by himself was out of the question. 

so what to do? as far as he was concerned, he was harry potters magical guardian. which would mean he should have no problem asking about harry potters whereabouts, except those blasted goblins always did love to give him a hard time. 

that left him to collect his own sources and lay low a bit. as far as he was aware, there was nothing special about sundays, besides delayed muggle post. july 31st was no special day either, september had never brought anything but a new school year and more work. 

yet something about today had thrown him off his trail. not many were strong or smart enough to try and up dumbledore, and those who were were tucked safely under his wing. or so he thought. 

yes, dumbledore may not be stupid, but he is still a fool.

288 words