Chapter 2

Chapter 2

"I am sorry, Ms... I didn't mean to harm you," Omkara said, looking truly sorry and concerned, as the beautiful woman in front of him pressed two fingers against her nose and hissed.

On the other hand, Gauri was feeling extreme pain from her nose and  was getting irritated by his apology. She touched her head and could feel pain there too. She glared at the long-haired man in front of her.

"Thank god. It's not bleeding. Or else I'd have sued you," Gauri grunted.

Omkara raised his eyebrows. She continued to press her nose and head to relieve pain. He frowned and held her hand.

Gauri looked at him shocked.

"What the frak are you doing?" Gauri yelled, slapping his hand. 

In a second, he pulled her close making her stop and her breath hitched. She looked into his coal black eyes stunned. Then, he started pulling her inside through the Cellicom doors and dragged her through a hallway. All the way, she followed him in shock.

***

IN THE CONFERENCE HALL:

'What happened to Gauri?' Anika thought tensed. She looked at everyone who was already settled and she nodded her head to them acknowledging.

"Mam, shall we start?" Abhay asked.

Anika once again roamed her eyes over everyone.

"I think there is someone missing," Anika said, as a thought occurred to her. There was someone still outside and Gauri was stalled by that person. She have to delay the meeting till Gauri gets in contact with her.

Everyone looked at each other.

"Omkara didn't come yet, ma'am," Ishana said.

"Let's wait for him," Anika said.

"It's okay," Abhay said, "His colleagues will fill him up."

Anika gave him a hard look. "Did I ask for your opinion?" She almost sneered.

Abhay's face fell and looked red. Snickers were heard across the room.

Anika pressed her lips together. She never spoke to anyone that way, but she's tensed about Gauri.

'Hey shankarji! Keep her fine,' Anika prayed mentally.

***

IN THE COFFEE ROOM:

Omkara took the struggling woman to the coffee room and he made her sit on a chair with a push. He turned away and opened the fridge door. He took ice cubes in a bag and came towards her. He pressed it to her head and held it. They were silent for a few minutes.

"Hold it to your head," Omkara said, "It prevents any swelling."

She held the bag to her head and he left it in her hands.

"I am Om. Omkara."

She's still angry at him but replied with a snap.

"Gauri."

He nodded.

"I am really so sorry. I was in a hurry to go to a meeting and when I was opening the door... I don't know where you came from... and I..." Omkara trailed off.

Gauri doesn't respond. Suddenly she heard Anika's voice in her ears.

"Gauri," Anika called in a whisper, "Kya raha hei...? [What's happening?]"