Chapter 1

Published on 2nd July, 2022

A/N:

Hey everyone!

Here is the Chapter 1.

I hope everyone will enjoy. A fair warning. There are Hindi dialogues, which I am not much fluent. If grammar or anything is wrong, please let me know. You can always inline comment. I tried my best with the language.

Enjoy!

***

Chapter 1

The sun peeked slightly above the horizon, cascading its rays on the beautiful ocean. It's one of those beautiful spring days. While most of Mumbai was sleeping peacefully early in the morning, there was one person in Sharma villa who was awake early in the morning.

THUMP! THUMP! THUMP

The steady sound of THUMP echoed in the luxurious room, as GAURI continued running on the treadmill. Her eyes were glued to the news channel on the T.V. screen, scrolling the business hot topics below.

Behind her, the door opened and a servant woman walked inside with a glass of juice and placed it on a table.

When the timer on the treadmill showed zero, she hit the stop button and sprinted down the treadmill. Wiping her neck with a hand towel, she drank the juice. She checked her mobile, typed a brief message, and went to her bedroom.

***

At some place in Mumbai, in an apartment, a person was beneath the sheets, shirtless, squirming as the sun rays fell on his face. OMKARA stretched his hands, getting rid of the laziness in his muscles. He sat up in bed and rubbed his hand. Then he ran his warm hands over his face and smiled.

He's handsome, charming, and has long silky hair that reach above his shoulders.

Throwing the duvet aside, he strolled into the bathroom to do his morning routine. He came out of his bedroom, looking around and then walked to his front door. As usual, the milk packet and newspaper were placed in front of his door carelessly.

He picked them up and went to the kitchen, keeping the newspaper on the table. He put a vessel on the stove and poured the milk into it and added a glass of water, boiling. Glancing at the clock, it showed half-past 6 o'clock. He walked into the living room and started doing the push-ups and warming up.

***

IN SHARMA VILLA:

Gauri walked out of the bathroom fresh. She went to the walk-in closet and picked out an outfit - a white blouse and form-fitting black pants. She wore it tucking the blouse slightly inside the pants and hung the towel to dry. Ruffling her wet hair, she sat in front of the mirror and started combing her hair.

***

IN OMKARA APARTMENT:

Omkara came out of the bathroom shivering and hurriedly opened his cupboard taking out an ironed shirt and trousers. He quickly got ready, though taking an extra time for his long hair, and went into the kitchen. He put a frying pan on the stove and started making an omelet.

***

IN SHARMA VILLA:

Gauri descends down the stairs while talking on the phone.

"I don't want any mistakes, Mr. Shukla. No one should suspect a thing," Gauri said authoritatively.

"Sure, mam. You can trust me on this," Mr. Shukla said earnestly.