Chapter 1: Aftermath

KIARA POV:
I sit on my bed huddled in my blankets. My phone lies next to me. I have been texting Pope about where JJ is. It's two weeks after my world fell apart. JJ has been MIA for both of them. You would think hiding in a place like OBX would be impossible but leave it to JJ to figure out how to do it. I miss him and John B and even Sarah.
*BING*

Pope❤️
Pope: Kie you there?
          We meeting up later at the Wreck?

Kie: Yes Bub we are meeting up there
        What you think I'm going to ghost you?😘😂

Pope: K Babe see you later 😘😂

I turn off my phone and get out of bed for what feels like the first time in forever. It's weird losing to of your best friends, having one disappear and dating the one you thought you never would. I guess starting this summer I never saw this happening cause crazy stuff doesn't happen in OBX.

POPE POV:
I hop on my Dad's boat to finish the last of the deliveries for the day so I can have the rest of the day off with Kie MY GIRLFRIEND. My Dad has made me work really hard lately because I fucked up the scholarship but that's maybe a good thing it mean I have less time to miss John B and JJ and Sarah I guess I mean I didn't really know her. In my free time when I am not with Kie I am doing research on the mystery and the Camerons. Nothing has come up yet but it's something to do.

The Kooks have been particularly horrible lately since they blame us for Sarah's death and it takes a toll on Kie I know but I never really was the one who made her feel better so it's hard. I head over to Figure 8 with the last of groceries need delivery. I am walking quickly across the golf course not looking ahead of me when I bump straight into someone knocking all my stuff everywhere. When I look up I see no it can't be but it couldn't be anyone else.

"JJ?" I squint at my tall handsome blonde shaggy haired blue eyed best friend. It's definitely him. I run to give him a hug but he moves out of my way and I trip over a beer carton. He starts to rush off.

"Don't tell Kie you saw me please. I love you man but you shouldn't be around ok." He gives me a weak smile and walks off. What does he mean I shouldn't be around him? He is my best friend and why shouldn't Kie know I saw him? Once I know what to reply he is too far gone. Damn It.

I finally get all the groceries picked up and handed off. I walk onto the boat and drive to the Wreck where I am meeting Kie. I decided I shouldn't actually tell her as it will hurt her to know JJ doesn't want to see us. Poor Kie I mean I always thought Kie and JJ would end up together but no it's Her and I.

KIARA POV:
By the time Pope gets to the Wreck I am already waiting at our normal table. When he walks in I get up and give him a hug and a peck on the cheek. I love having a boy friend just never thought it would be Pope.

"Hey Bub" I smile as I sit back down in my usual spot. He looks riddled with thought so I get up and walk around to his spot. I lean down behind him and wrap my arms around him in hug. I kiss his ear. "What's wrong Bub? Are you ok?" I whisper in his ear.

"Hm Yeah I am ok. Just a long day that's all Babe." He smiles but I know him too well. That smile is the I am struggling but I'm also hiding a secret and don't want you to know smile. I'll crack him soon.

"Well let's get something to eat how about it."I get up hanging conversation. I know right now isn't the time to start prying on Pope he is going through a lot and I need to be here for him.

Authors Note:
Here is the first official chapter of the restart of my fanfic. I hope you enjoyed it and it may be weird but everything will be explained in due course. I hope you enjoy reading this new iteration and I thank you if you have chosen to stick with me after I deleted my original one.
Love you guys ❤️