𝟬𝟵. beyond the wild

Start from the beginning

     Raiko looked at Wu, then at Cloud who still had a shit-eating grin on her face. Then his eyes turned to the right to Korra who looked like she was fuming. I mean, it was understandable. Cloud would be too if she were the Avatar, who was practically born to save and bring balance to the world, and yet—they couldn't even invite her to a council meeting? Absolutely unbelievable. She'd probably get too upset.

     "You invited him," Korra spat, gesturing at Wu. "But not me?"

     Tenzin sighed quietly. "Please, Korra, it's not personal. We just thought, perhaps we called you back into action a little too soon."

     "Again, him, not me?" The Avatar exclaimed.

     "She has a point," Cloud whispered a little too loudly, making Mako raise an eyebrow at her.

     Raiko stood up angrily. "Korra, we're in the middle of a meeting and we can't have people just barge in whenever they want!"

     The city hall's doors opened again, more people barging in, much to the president's annoyance. The man's eyes widened with anger as surprisingly, Bolin and Varrick ran further into the hall.

    "Guys!" Bolin exclaimed, all while trying to catch his breath like he'd run a marathon. Then he noticed the familiar faces before him. His brother who was ever so frozen as if he couldn't believe he was actually there. "Oh, perfect! You're all here."

     "Bo!" Cloud gasped and she stumbled forward, completely jumping the poor boy, who managed to catch her. She hugged the wits out of him. "Oh my, you're here!"

    "Hey, Cloudy!" Bolin laughed, and then he put her down. He gave the others a small wave and a grin. 

     "Bolin?" Korra, Opal, and Mako chorused in disbelief. 

     "And Varrick, apparently." Cloud narrowed her eyes suspiciously at the genius who sent her a small wave with his fingers and wiggled his brows provokingly.

      "What are you doing here?" Raiko demanded, more angry now. "Guards, remove these traitors!"

     The guards immediately seized him and Varrick. Cloud tried to jump in but another guard tried to keep her at bay, however, he instantly backed off when a certain firebender pushed his shoulder and scowled at him.

     "No! We escaped Kuvira's army!" Bolin yelled, glancing at the council who looked at them, unsure. "We're back on your side now! We have top-secret information for you!"

     Cloud snapped her eyes toward the leaders. Tenzin looked serious. Izumi just didn't all that bothered, although her expression was always hard. There was a surprised, Prince Wu, and a thinking Raiko. She waited for the last man's verdict, ensuring he was watching out for her perturbing gaze. Then he nodded. The guards let Bolin and Varrick go, and Cloud sighed in relief.

     "Okay, I guess we should've opened with that line," Varrick muttered as he dusted himself off.

    "Listen to me. Kuvira's making this thing that goes—" Bolin began, then he proceeded to make various explosion noises and yelling sounds. Cloud blinked at him, bewildered. "I don't know how it works, but it has this—"

     Varrick stepped forward irritatingly. "It's a super weapon! Like a regular weapon, only super."

     Cloud gulped. "Oh."

     "And let me guess: it has something to do with spirit vines," Korra stated firmly.

     "I felt something was wrong this morning," Cloud muttered, Korra and Opal glancing at her with a small frown. The airbending master looked uneasy and uncharacteristically pale. "I didn't know it was the spirit vines."