Chapter 15

Ayeon was surprised at how aggressive Donghyuck was kissing her but soon it became just pure love and passion as she wrapped her had around his neck, pulling him closer to her.

Donghyuck's lips were soft and tender as they kissed, and soon Ayeon found herself out of breath as they broke apart, Donghyuck cupping her face in his hands as their foreheads rested against each others.

"Let's get out of here." Donghyuck suggested. Ayeon nodded her head, letting Donghyuck pull her away.

Thankfully the crowd had diminished enough for them to get through. They passed by Renjun who was sitting on the stairs, casually taking puffs from bis vape as he talked with some girl.

"Heading out?" Renjun asked them.

"Yeah." Donghyuck said. Ayeon noticed Donghyuck's eyes linger onto Renjun's for a split second longer, as if he was trying to read his friend's eyes. "You coming?"

"Well, it was nice talking to you, but duty calls." Renjun said, getting up. The three of them made their way out of the house.

"I'd never thought I'd say this but I'm so glad you guys came when you did." Renjun said as they walked towards their motorcycles.

"That girl seemed annoying." Donghyuck pointed out.

"She was. I think she has some weird fantasy about getting with a phoenix. I was trying to puff as much smoke in her face as possible but nothing could keep her away." Renjun told them as he pulled the cash from his pocket, enough to make Ayeon's jaw drop.

"You made all that tonight?" Ayeon exclaimed before covering her mouth. Donghyuck chuckled, running his fingers though her hair.

"College parties make good business." Donghyuck told her. "Plus we have to pay the bills somehow."

Ayeon watched as Renjun tied the cash with an elastic. "I'm pretty sure this is all we made tonight anyways."

Donghyuck took off his jacket before putting it on her. "The bike makes everything colder."

"Ayeon, you're coming over?" Renjun asked, eyes wide. Ayeon turned towards Donghyuck.

"Aw crap, I forgot." Donghyuck said tugging his roots.

"You can come over to my place." Ayeon suggested. Donghyuck turned to face her.

"You sure?" Donghyuck asked. Ayeon nodded.

"Yeah, it's still early. My roommate's at work so we'll have the house to ourselves for a bit." Ayeon told him. Donghyuck nodded his head.

"Do I need to cover for you?" Renjun asked his friend. Donghyuck shook his head.

"Jeno saw us kiss so I'm sure he's convinced I'm going home with a rando."

"Gross, TMI." Renjun said with a look of disgust.

Donghyuck ignored his friend, handing Ayeon his helmet instead.

"Let's go?" Donghyuck asked. Ayeon nodded and hopped onto his bike.

The two bid farewell to Renjun before making their way to Ayeon's place.

...

Ayeon's hand was laced with Donghyuck's the entire way up to her apartment. His leather jacket was warm and comfy, intoxicating her with his scent.

"I just want to warn you, it's not that big or fancy but it's cozy." Ayeon said as she opened the doors. Donghyuck chuckled.

"I don't really care, Ayeon. I live above a rundown bar, your place is definitely nicer than man." Donghyuck reassured her.