Chapter 4

Ayeon watched as the blue-haired boy turned on his heels, walking towards his friend who was also glaring at the boy.

"Jaemin, you marked him." Ayeon heard the blond say.

"Don't be so fussy, you know exactly why I did that." The blue-haired, Jaemin, said.

Ayeon wanted to hear more but the students were starting to enter the lecture hall. Ayeon decided to follow instead of listening to the gang members' chitchat.

Ayeon took a seat near the back of the lecture hall. She didn't like the thought of being up close and personal to the teacher so she wanted to go as far away as possible.

Ayeon took out her sketchbook and notebook for taking notes and doodling when she didn't feel like it. Suddenly, a familiar blond head decided to take a seat in front of her, his sketchbook in hand.

Ayeon's eyes were glued to the ethereal phoenix on his back. The details were more obvious to her now that it was right in her face. She couldn't help but stare in awe are the beauty in front of her.

The professor walked in, knocking her out of her trance. She quickly picked up a pencil as the class began.

...

Surprisingly, class wasn't as bad as Donghyuck had expected. For some reason he had actually enjoyed learning about music.

Maybe Renjun was right about school.

Donghyuck shoved his hands in his pockets, casually walking through the halls of the school towards the cafeteria where his friends were already gathered. He could feel the looks the students were giving him, but quite frankly, he didn't care. What he did care about was the look on his friends' faces when he took a seat with his lunch.

"What's all the commotion about?" Donghyuck asked them. Renjun shot him a look.

"Jaemin marked someone." Renjun said.

"Why?" Donghyuck asked, wondering what could have angered one of their calmest members.

"He said I would probably fail the first quiz because I'm a phoenix." Jaemin told him. "To be fair, I did give him a chance to apologize. He just didn't take it."

"So you just had to mark him?" Jeno exclaimed. Well, Jaemin triggered angry Jeno. There's no going back now.

"It's no big deal, he just marked him." Donghyuck said, hoping to calm Jeno down but it didn't work.

"No big deal? All of you know how big of a deal it is to mark someone." Jeno told them.

Donghyuck sighed. Jeno was right, marking was a big deal.

When a phoenix marks someone, it's like putting them on a blacklist. The person instantly becomes their enemy, someone they wouldn't even hesitate to fight. If a phoenix tells you that you've been marked, it was a warning. You better not piss them off again or it might cost your life. Once you were marked, you couldn't go back.

Typically, phoenixes would only mark partners from failed trades but the boy must have pissed Jaemin off enough for him to mark him.

"It's fine Jeno, we only have to deal with him if he pisses us off again, and judging by how he almost pissed his pants, it probably won't be anytime soon." Renjun pointed out. Donghyuck watched as Jeno shot a glare at Jaemin.

"It better not be anytime soon."

...

Once class ended, Ayeon sighed as she looked at the time. She had a few hours to kill before her last class.