chapter 26- broken

Start from the beginning

"right. at... 7 pm?", he took a glimpse at the clock on the stove and chuckled.

"i just want to be out in the cold air, is that too much to ask?", reluctantly, alejandro moved to the side and allowed her to speed by.

"we're gonna talk about that guy later! i don't even know why you're going out again.", juniper nodded hurriedly, walking past him and patting his shoulder. she was never this conceded with him, but since it was the first time this happened he would let it go.

sighing, he tiredly went down the hall to walk to his room. looking down at his feet he saw a dark box sitting near the wall. kneeling down and picking it up he immediately recognized what it was. it was a box of trojan condoms..

seething, he turned around and crushed the box in his hand, alejandro knew something was wrong about that boy.

___

JUNIPER

running down the hall, she forced her legs to move as fast as they could. her fingers clumsily mashing all the buttons. calling the uber through the app it said it was 2 minutes away, she needed it to drive like it was in gta.

"fuck i'm the dumbest bitch alive. she's in the fucking hospital and i literally said no like i'm in some tiktok comment section.", it seemed like everybody in the whole entire condo was in the small space they called the lobby. she had to squeeze past multiple crowds of people. she nearly got squashed with the swarm of tall people.

seeing the familiar gray toyota parked outside, she ran up to it swiping the hair out of her face.

"who are you here for?", she knocked on the window, revealing a middle aged man pulling his glasses down.

"juniper?", hearing the confirmation she opened the door and slammed it closed when she threw herself into the backseat.

"where to, ma'am?", he looked at her through the rear view mirror with raised eyebrows.

"kindred hospital. i need you to get there kind of fast, it's really urgent.", she bit her lip in anticipation when he nodded, shifting gears before pulling out from the valet.

soon she realized he took the slowest possible route to the care center, the abundance of traffic astonished her as they moved at turtles pace. she bit her nails anxiously, she was too afraid to call jah back for a ride there. when she looked back through the drivers window she saw smoke winding up into the air. all the cars stopped and only moved occasionally.

"what's going on? what the hell is happening up there?", she was concerned for whoever might've started the smoke.

"it seems like a big accident here, they've blocked off all the roads and this is as far as vehicles can go. i'm sorry, miss.", he gave her a sympathetic expression and twisted in his seat.

"that's okay. is it okay for me to get out and just walk the rest of the way? i can see the building.", he turned around and looked to it, scoping out the possibilities. it seemed like there were paths to go on foot that the workers had set up.

"yeah. just be safe out there.", he smiled and unlocked the doors for her, she dug into her wallet blindly and took out a 50$ bill.

she handed it to him and he looked at it with wide eyes, shaking his head.

"take it. this is for the inconvenience.", he shook his head and pushed it back.

"this is too much, i couldn't even get you to where you needed to be.", she slipped it between his fingers and darted out of the car, leaving before he could get another word in.