chapter 15- fuming

JUNIPER

her clothes left a wet trail of where she went as she trekked back to the apartment, her mood had dropped the second she entered the building.

her purse nearly dragged on the ground, she saw the hickeys that were formed at the base of billie's jaw. she saw how her lips were swollen when she came out of the restroom, the strong feminine perfume that radiated off of her in waves.

she nearly wanted to cry there, her feelings were easily hurt when it was somebody she felt close to. walking over to the door, she knocked a few times, drowsily resting her head against the doorframe.

her head hurt and her fingers were going numb, the effects of her cold were already hitting her. the rain was no friend of hers no matter how much she adored the weather.

"what happened to you? you look like you ran through a car wash, i like what you did with your hair.", alejandro moved aside, putting a hand on her back and guiding her to the table.

"stuck in the rain..", she collapsed into the dining chair, resting her head against the palm of her hand and tracing the faint patterns etched into the table.

"and the reason you're sad?", he voiced from the kitchen, picking out the ingredients to make a tea for her.

"the weather brought me down i guess. it's not fun being stuck out there.", she gave a forced smile, shifting her sickly eyes to her brother who had his eyebrow raised at her. he wouldn't believe a word she said no matter what she said.

rain made her ecstatic, it made her feel at home and calm, like she was meant to be in the falling water droplets. she liked to call them mother nature's tears.

"right..", he stirred the mixture slowly, waiting for her to spit out the truth.

"i don't want to talk about it, andro. it's draining, honestly.", she waved her hands hoping he would get the message to drop the topic.

"okay, well. when you finish this, if you're still hungry and the bitch didn't feed you, there's food in the fridge. take care of yourself, junie.", he kissed her forehead, putting his hand on her head tentatively, feeling her temperature.

"thank you, andro.", she smiled lazily at him, sipping the steaming cup of miracle juice he had handed her.

"mhm. just wrap up in some blankets and rest of the rest of the day. i'll check on you tomorrow and give you some more tea.", he picked up his keychain and wallet from the door stand, smiling at her before leaving.

he was constantly leaving these days, but at least she was able to go out as long as she asked him and messaged him frequently.

her cup of tea had been downed within minutes, she didn't waste any time in finishing it. she only slowed down when the burning of her tongue caused her to pull it away.

she got to stripping her damp clothes from her body, peeling it off like it was a heavy layer of skin. she grimaced when the sloppy wet sound hit the tile of the bathroom floor.

it was like a sad, unmoving sack of leeches.

she picked them up and threw them over the door of her shower in hopes of it drying itself out on its own. there were slight puddles from where the damp clothing lay on the floor but she didn't care at the moment.

her sleeping clothes were in the drawers that lined the underside of her bed, she didn't like keeping them in the closet. the feeling of warm and comfortable clothing soothed the itchiness of her skin. it was like shedding her skin each time she came home.